Blew a window with 2 twelves

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Post Number: 783
My cuz thinks a boy he knows blew out a window with 2 twelves. I'm tryin to explain to him that he's full of total sh.it and dosn't know a fu.cking thing about car audio. Will somone back me up so i can show him that he's full of sh.it.

Silver Member
Username: John_wash

Nashville, Tennessee

Post Number: 447
he's full of sh!t lol. Unless it was a big crack in the window or something. And even if so i dont think it would do that. What is he running?

Silver Member

Post Number: 784
o sorry he said 2 15's

Silver Member

Post Number: 785
don't know he just said 2 15's. And it dosnt matter how you have emm hooked up 2 15's will knot bust a window.

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Lake Worth, Texas US

Post Number: 400
It may be possible.. when I had 2 SX 15"s in my truck the rear window flexed so much it looked as if it twisted anymore it would have shattered but it never happened. The odds of it happening are slim to none but theres always a small possibility depending on certains circumstances and variences that may arrive between the setup and the car itself.

Bronze Member
Username: Sb2012

Iowa US

Post Number: 47
not unless there was a big crack in it...

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1399
can we stop with the breaking glass comments. every other thread the past week has been about breaking glass. why would you want to do it anyways...i personally like my car.

Bronze Member
Username: Mendonmafia

Mendon, Ny Usa

Post Number: 27
haha yea me 2 cars r cool. but it is possible at the extreme lows like in audibly low but the spl would have to be about 170 to do it anyways but i dont know if any 2 15s can hit that.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4124

quote:

My cuz thinks a boy he knows...

Yeah...most of the glass break stories start like that :P I've never heard of a a first-hand experience where glass has shattered from the SPL. And I definitely agree that it's next to impossible.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3069
I have seen 6 Brovox 12's in a walled van w/ 2 orion 2500d's destroy a windshield...even got a vid of their second run w/ the broken glass. The still did 153.xdB w/ a shattered glass :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Mike_16

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 46
u should put that video on here

Bronze Member
Username: Lets_talk_sound

Post Number: 49
mythbusters proved it is infact impossible to break your windows by spl. They built a sub as big as the inside of a car and it was powered by the car engine it had 3 notes first gear, second gear, and third gear. The sub went crazy and was all over the place. No windows were broken instead the moon roof got pushed open. Conclusion the air pressure will find another way out of the car either a crack or gap in window and will not shatter it. The only way for a cars windows to shatter were if it was perfectly sealed. I mean perfect.

Spencer

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3127
WRONG!

All mythbusters proved was that you cant 'destroy' a car w/ a sound system. if you watch and listen you will hear wayne (dbdrag pres) say that he has seen windows break in comps.

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 361
mythbusters did not bust the myth... the myth was...can sound destroy a car...their so called "Sub" was a piece of crap powered by the transmission and blew itself up in less than 10 seconds....and spence...if you knew anything about car audio and have been on this forum enough, you would have seen posts of pics and videos of windows and windshields breaking... i still say they need to revisit this on mythbusters.. and use a real car audio system put together by someone who knows what they are doing.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4340
I still haven't seen anyone blow their windows with their system, I'd like to see a vid.

Silver Member
Username: John_wash

Nashville, Tennessee

Post Number: 468
X2

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 155
Window cracks. I seen a better one where a windshield cracks worse than this one but i cant find it. I'll keep looking.

http://realmofexcursion.com/videos/Competitions/heatwave.1.wmv

Silver Member
Username: Leew

Ketchikan, ALASKA USA

Post Number: 567
looks like BS
once I saw this on TV,channel USA on cablevision,old guy was driving minivan VW with 10 amp and 20 Subs MTX

Silver Member
Username: Swisher

Marianna, FL

Post Number: 239
http://www.powermastermotorsports.com/KingOfBass.AVI

NOT 1or2 but 22 BATTS
12 2000ds by IA
2 HO 350amp alts..
24 SEALED RE 12s

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 156
Thats the other video i saw. I thought it was on ROE for some reason.

Gold Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 1323
You can easily crack a windshield with SPL - not even that much. But NOT bass.. You'd have to hit the windows resonant frequency, which would be a very high pitch.. And definitely more painful to your ears than bass even at a much higher dB.

Silver Member
Username: Justblaze

St.Louis, MO USA

Post Number: 107
ive heard a guy i know blew out his back windshield with 2 15s in his trunk. i think he had a jl audio 1200/1 wired up to each one, my friend told me he has a plexiglass window now. ill talk to him tommorow if i see him and get it straight from the horses mouth

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1525
IMO itz very possible to blow OUT a window of where its at, and not shatter it unless u have a really really high spl system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us