What would be my best choice

Bronze Member
Username: Esonurchess

Albany, Ga Usa

Post Number: 13
I drive a 92 Chevy Caprice. I've decided to go with to DD 9515 subs. I've narrowed my choices down to 2 amps. the RF T20001bd or the Massive Audio P3000.1. please advise.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 4272
I would go with the Massive Audio, they're built better.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4273
In fact, I can probably help get you a good deal on the Massive amp. Let me see what I can do.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4275
I can get you the Massive for 600 shipped with a 2 year warranty :-) Let me know what you think.

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 509
and a biggg alternator ... lol

thats a great amp tho ... would mind having one if i had the eletrical for it :-)

Bronze Member

Albany, Ga Usa

Post Number: 14
that sounds good. let me get your info so i can make this happen.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8863
so Massive is better than RF ???

if were me i would get that orion/wcc 2500d off ebay 4 $500 shipped - i got mine since april but havent decided on what new subs as yet but that same dd9515 is high on my list or maybe 2 15s RE SX ....

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4287
Yeah, I think so. RF's newer stuff is all built by robotics, and the robotics are made to put the most amount of solder on the boards for the least price possible...translating into parts that aren't soldered on very well. I've had remote turn ons and RCA inputs literally fall off when trying to install. Great sound and very nice design however-they will still last. I've just been more impressed by Massive's stuff.

You can get the Orion like Rovin suggested, but I still think the quality of the Massive would be better plus you'd be backed up by a nice 2 year warranty. :-) Email me at spinsharp@gmail.com if you're interested in the Massive.

Bronze Member

Albany, Ga Usa

Post Number: 15
i heard the dd9515 were well worth the price and i'm trying to avoid using a BS amp to push them. i've heard good things about all three amps mentioned. i'm just trying to avoid making the mistake of not getting my monies worth from those subs.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4289
You'll get your money's worth out of any of the three amps, no doubt about that. Personally, I'd go Orion or Massive. RF's are just too overpriced for what they are.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1989
yeah.. i'd go with massive too cuz your subs are dual 4 ohm, 3k watts at 2 ohms with 2 years warranty.... WTH are you waiting for...

Bronze Member

Albany, Ga Usa

Post Number: 16
just making sure i make a wise choice.. i'll get in contact with Jexx later today

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 123
Lol!Jexx is over-charging you on that amp.WWW.Low-hz.com order from them at a price of $525 shipped for the Massive Audio P3000.Save yourself $75 :-) Just get a hold of Showrides or Kevin Holden and they will give you that price.

Bronze Member

Albany, Ga Usa

Post Number: 17
thanks for looking out. i'll check them out.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4292
Actually, I talked to Kevin at low-hz.com about it, he said the lowest he can do is 600 shipped. What a jerk lol. If you can get a better price by just talking to them directly you might as well do that. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 982
memphis

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4294
Troy, you mean the Memphis MCD2500? I don't think they sell them online. He'd have to buy local if that was the case...

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 1370
If I am not mistaken them little amps you are looking at would barely move one 9515 to its limits let alone a pair! :-)

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4296
Ironically, the Massive amp is the only one that would give the subs the power they need, and I'm assuming he wants two of them, one for each sub...I hope :-) Otherwise yeah, that would be a waste.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 4010
I whould take the Rockford Fosgate Power amp or above. They are honest to there power ratings and very underated. They are also built here in the USA and expected many times by actual humans that know about amps. Might one to look at this video on there website of how they make there amps. Very solid amps and even better amps with the power line. Easy decision.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4300
Can you link to the vid or point out where it is on the site, MO?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8646
Im a low-hz.com rep....pm me for prices

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 2000
i'd pick the massive... more power and that's what the sub need

Bronze Member

Albany, Ga Usa

Post Number: 18
For the record i was going to use a single amp for each sub. maybe that's overkill for a daily driver, but hey why not?

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 4011
Here is the link to the site where it tours Rockford Fosgates headquarters and how they build amps etc...

http://www.cardomain.com/features/rockford_tour_01

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4351
MO, great link!! Thanks, very cool! :-)

Bronze Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 60
The P3000.1 is no longer $525. We will have one huge sell every other week, so keep a look out for that. But the amp can be had at $600 shipped with 2 year warranty now. Sorry for the confusion

Bronze Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 62
The 1st through the 7th of each month, and the 15th through the 21st, we will start having a huge special. So just keep a look out on the site for that, Sept, 1st !!

Kevin
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us