Someone help before I ground my amp to my head

Username: Hash_man_commeth

Post Number: 1
Ok check it... first off we are talking about a Rockford Fosgate 325.1 amp, powering (well not yet) 2 rockford punch P1's.

The amp's thermal light stays on, wont turn off. No its not overheating, its brand new. Yes its getting a clear signal i ran the cables outside around the car to be sure. I was told that is the amp is not getting enough voltage it would do this, could my alternator/battery not be strong enough for it and thats my problem? I drive a 1999 chevy cavilier and as far as I know the battery and alternator are stock or equivilent.

PLEASE HELP ME

Post Number: 3
Comon someone?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3818
So all you have hooked up is the amp's power, ground, and remote wires? If it still goes into protection at that point, you might want to check your ground (tight, no rust, clean and touching bare metal, not paint etc.) and if that isn't the problem, return the amp.

Post Number: 5
ill check the ground again but it should be good? I looked in the book it says something about power flow too.. ever heard of that happening?

Post Number: 6
I have never seen a spare tire bolt NOT be attached to the frame.. I skipped simple and went right to "What the f". Back to basics worked your a life saver...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us