Component questions

Silver Member
Username: Hootz

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 193
I'm looking for a starter system for my brother who just turned 16. We got him a deck, now I'm looking for a set of components in the cheaper range. I'm staying local, which doesn't offer a lot of variety, but basically the decent brands around here are alpine, boston acoustics, clarion, pioneer, and eclipse. Looking at what he can afford, I've pretty much narrowed it down to the clarion srs1326 5 1/4 components, or the alpine sps171a 6 1/2 components. I'm kind of leaning towards the clarions just because it'd be easier to mount the 5 1/4" in his car. Any suggestions? Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1115
what kind o power do you have available?

Silver Member

Post Number: 194
Just off the HU. it's an aftermarket kenwood, so probably 18ish wrms

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1116
then don't get components, not enough power at all for them. Look for coaxials.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3768
Or just grab a component amp...an oldschool PPI PC series could be had off ebay for $50-150 depending on the condition you want it in.

Silver Member

Post Number: 196
Alright. So we'd just stick with 4x6s in the front for the stock locations, which kind of sucks but oh well. Would it be best to go with 4x6s? or the 2-way 4x6 plates? I know the plates wouldn't give much bass with the 4" woofer, but we'll probably stick a sub in later on anyways, and I'd think they'd sound way better than a regular 4x6.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us