Porting my cvr's

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 605
ok so i got them in sealed box's rite now in my s10 about 1.25 per sub, and they pound pretty good, but im gunna be doing a blow through box in the future and was wondering what size box's the should be put in and what they should be tuned too, i want spl mainly but i guess i would like a bit of an sql system, i measured out the back (box) where i plan on putting the sub box and i can make a box about 5cuft (im only using about 1/4 of the truck box) lastly i am currently powering them (10inch cvr's) with 400rms off my a8002t and my electrical system is upgraded and when hooked up my multimeter to the power for the amp it read 14.??(bunch of different numbers)the lowest it went was like 13.8 i think....so i know the amp is putting out the 400 watts to each sub, but they are 300rms, in the sealed box's there taking the extra power great, but ive heard that subs in ported box's have less power handling...is this true...if so will the subs still take the 400watts without blowing..? thanks in advance...

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 606
ne one...someones gotta have these things ported and know how big the box should be and what it should be tuned too? looking to get loud, also can someone answer the question about the power handling when switching to ported? thanks...

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 609
bump

Silver Member
Username: Talon_es93

Post Number: 351
today i went to a compition and i have 2 12" CVRs in a ported box... i hit 140.1 in spl... the guy said i woulda hit harder in db maybe about 147-8 but i didn't even know there was a difference... but ya i think its better then sealed...my bro inlaw entered his CVRs too in a sealed tho and he got 138.7... ... what are the demensions of your truck n i'll try to design you one man... i ain't no expert but i'll give it a shot..i maybe my own box and it got up there

Silver Member
Username: John_wash

Nashville, Tennessee

Post Number: 400
no trust me on this one the kicker cvr's are WAY BETTER ported.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 2788
yes, and you didnt hit 148, LOL. 1.25 per sub is too small too. i think the min rec is 1.75 and he max is 2.25, so i would have each in ~around~ 2.0 cuft.

you must have hit that number in the port, or what were they usin? spl meter? TL?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8256
lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 352
TL... but thats what the dude said man i don't know the difference... before yesterday i thought db and spl were the same thing

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8265
what freq..did ur vehicle peak at???

Silver Member

Post Number: 353
i didn't check

Silver Member

Post Number: 354
in like a week imma put it all in a smaller hatchback car rite now its in a big azz buick regal

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1487
go ported

Silver Member

Post Number: 355
if your talkin to me i'm already ported... if your talkin to the other guy then ya go port they sound way better and feel way deeper

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1489
other guy... lol!

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 612
the cvr manual i got says .8 cuft to 3.0cuft so i put them as big as i could to go behind my bench seat...and u guys dont have to convince me to go ported, if u read the first thing i said at the top, it says im giong to build a ported box once i get my new truck box and join the cab and the box together with an accordian boot, my question was how big should i have the box(s) and what should they be tuned too, the cvr manual i have says to port the box

#1-Compact(minimum)-1.25cuft+port(2"x10 1/2"x20") power handling only 150w

#2-SQ(maximum)-1.75cuft+port(2"x10 1/2"x20")power handling only 170w

now my question was how big should each box be, ive got exactly 5 cuft in the area where i want to put the subs in the truck box, and my 2nd question from original post is will they take the 400watts thats being pushed to each sub in the sealed box's when i change them over to ported...?

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 613
bump

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 614
bump

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2070
go 2.0cf tuned to 32hz if you want sql, thats how my friend has his cvr and its pretty nice, yes they will handle the power, my friend has a kx400.1 to his cvr and it handles it fine.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4126
i dont understand why the ported box dimensions are smaller on their website.
motor not mechanically inclined to ported??? hmmm

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1438
Ya i tried puttin my cvrs sealed and they sounded like sh!t IMO i have 4 cubes for both tuned to 31.75hz right now but so far the best tunin for them is 32.75hz IMO for my taste.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 615
dustin are your friends cvr's 12's...b/c i have 10's and wouldnt that mean my box should be smaller or could i put them in the box u recommended and it would be fine...im also asking the size of ur friends subs cuz the 12's are 400rms so they would handle it, mine are 300rms so i was worried but if they will handle it then great...

Gold Member

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2080
ohh my bad i thought you had 12's, yes for 10's i'd go a little bit smaller on the box, around 1.5cf, tuned between 32-35hz, and i'd still think the cvr10 could take 400wrms, i'd just be carefull and make sure they weren't bottoming out at full volume.

Gold Member

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2081
bump

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 616
ok thanx alot dustin...now one last question would it better for me to build a common chamber box with one port or to have a divider with two ports...rite now there is a divider in my seald box, i heard that its safer that way?

Gold Member

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2082
well i've allways heard its better to have a divider, incase something happens to one sub, but its up to you.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 617
thanx for all the help...ill post pisc when i get my new box for my truck and begin the cut through...heres my system i have rite now...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2403522
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us