Hifonics reliable?

Bronze Member
Username: Moorezy

Post Number: 31
is hifonics amps relyable? and should i choose there brutius BX605 600@1ohm over an alpine mrp m650 600@2ohm i would save around 70 bucks

Bronze Member
Username: Bmage29

IA USA

Post Number: 34
Hey... I'm not an expert on the subject but I have had an Hifonic amp. If all you are going to save is $70 I would just go with the alpine for two reasons.

1) If something should happen or get damaged or blown. It would be much easier for you to get it repaired without wondering where you put the warranty. I know several places, both comercial and private, that sell Alpine and would be more likely to repair it than a Hifonics.

I blew my brutus BX1205D and couldn't find where I could get it repaired. (bought it used and person I bought it from didn't remember where'd the warranty was). I think mostly online dealers sell them HOWEVER, without a warranty. for whichever reason... expired or lost... it's nearly impossible to get it repaired. I tried at my local place (and several other's) which is very popular and well known around the area and they couldn't find a replacement part, even after they contacted and got replys from maxxsonics corp.

2) Hifonics is more of a budget amp, and I have heard basically good things from Alpine products... plus some amps are perticularly small for as much power they produce.

Which type of woofer are you powering?

Also.. have you looked into this amp.. it's allitle sleeker than the MRP..
The Alpine MRD-M605... it produces the same power at 2 Ohms.

http://www.techronics.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2142&g clid=CPT4-NmnqYYCFRIFSQod4Dttvg

Like I said... I'm no expert.. but I don't like Hifonics, I had one and it was nice... but it caused me more problems in the end.

Also... although I don't like Hifonics or incase you might believe I'm biased... most ppl will agree with the statement below.

"Hifonics amps are budget amps."

Bronze Member
Username: Bmage29

USA

Post Number: 35
Also... I remember that some companys "including hifonics" like to over-exagerate some power... just for referance

Bronze Member
Username: Moorezy

Post Number: 32
thanks for the info i think i'll just stick with the 650 its cheaper:-) lol and i'm powering a 12" type R

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 2650
why are you looking at one amp that does 600 @ 1 ohm and 600 @ 2 ohm??? -- do you already have your subs yet??

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 1029
ya if you already have your sub, your in for some trouble lol.

Username: Stereoman

Post Number: 3
ITS WHAT'S INSIDE THAT COUNTS :-)
http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Alpine_MRD-M605/
http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Hifonics_Brutus_BX605/

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1171
you work for hifonics or something? stop going around posting those links.

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

United States

Post Number: 126
I recommend hifonics over alpine anyday.

Alpine is a great brand, but I can never see myself paying for another Alpine amp after all of them that I've gone through - and all that have died.

My hifonics tx1005d has lasted me almost a year now with no problems at all.. never had a single problem, none! The alpines I've had have always gone bad one way or another.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 2829
i would take alpine. i have dealt with alpine alot too, and no problems. You need to know whow to set your controls EXACTLY, so that you dont do what you did. since all of the have "died" on you. no amps should die or crap out on your, its usually your fault when that happens, actualy always, unless the amp is ver very unefficient

Silver Member

United States

Post Number: 127
I know how to set an amp and it's settings up.
I install as a life-long career and have never had a problem with anything but Alpine, Pioneer Premier, and Kicker amplifiers.

I've been installing audio/video since I was 15, so going on 6 years now, and I know what I'm doing.

The problem that I've encountered with Alpine amps has absolutely nothing to do with my installs :-)

Aside from that, one would think if "I couldn't set my controls correctly" that my Hifonics amp would no longer work, or would have needed to be sent in for repairs within the last year. Same goes for my Kole Audio KX1920-2, PG octane r 8.0:1, Directed 2400D, Memphis 16-MCD500 , Kenwood Excelon KACX810D. Now these amps weren't around long.. a few months at most for each of them, but you would think they would have fried if it were me not setting the amps correctly, haha.

I don't know why I had problems with Alpine, I just know I'm not the only one.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 2837
that memphis and directed expcially should have stayed around long enough. somethings not right. if you were the ones who dealt with them, you are the reason for it. they dont just stop working and fry up man, you need to be realistic, and ask yourself "why are all these amp fryin on me?" because you should never fry an amp, regardless of what kind of make it is.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1522
Mick is kinda drunk, alpine is way better than hifonics, the price is the problem,

That's like JL and Soundstream, JL just has a 1000w amp for 700$, but if you check the quality, is the best amp in the 1000w range, but i can get a soundstream pca 3500d for the price of the JL, 3500w rms.

The quality is what it counts when it comes to amplifiers. I always go for the budget hahhahah i'd pick the soundstream but the JL is better...

Silver Member

United States

Post Number: 129
You misunderstood me, those amps worked perfect for me until the day I sold them to go with a new brand, haha.

It's cool, I should have proof read that before posting it.

The point was that every amp I've owned, aside from Alpine, Pioneer and Kicker, has worked flawless until they day they are re-sold.

Silver Member

United States

Post Number: 130
I don't drink, thanks..

I never implied that one was better than the other, just that my experience with Alpine has been less than desired.. and that's what he/she wanted was opinions.

have a good one :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1524
"I recommend hifonics over alpine anyday."

Tell me you're lying hehhee

Silver Member

United States

Post Number: 131
Also, they wanted to know if Hifonics is "relyable", and yes.. they are - or at least they have been for me

Silver Member

United States

Post Number: 132
Nope, not lying. He wanted opinions so he's getting mine.

I have never had a problem with Hifonics, I've had problems with Alpine.

Therefor, I recommed Hifonics over Alpine.

Simple as that, case closed.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1527
Bro, you're 1 in a million

Hifonics= good budget brand

Alpine= good quality brand

Silver Member

United States

Post Number: 134
Unsure what you mean by "1 in a million", but, you have your opinions I'll have mine.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1534
hehe, ok... at least this is not a thread like which is better, sony or radioshack hahahha

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 2842
man if you blew a kicker, or that kicker hasnt performed well for you, like i said, something is very wrong. kicker makes some of the best QUALITY amps today
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us