New system help please

Bronze Member
Username: Chornet44

Post Number: 11
im upgrading my system, currently i have just one entry level 10" eclipse sub with an EA2000 180w 2 Ch. amp and an ecliple deck...in my PT Cruiser... it sounds great right now SQ wise everyone loves it...

i want to upgrade to a better sub and amp to make it bump alot harder but i dont want it to sound like **** either...i think im gonna buy a MTX thunder 942 940w 2 Ch. amp for $150...and im not sure about the sub...i want just one single sub not sure 10" or 12" i do still want space in the back of the cruiser...ive been thinking about getting KICKER CVX 10" for $140 bucks, the MTX 7500 12" for $130...i dont know if ill be going sealed or ported...sealed saves space and im told usually gets better sq so i think sealed, but if i can still get the good sq from a ported then i can do that since it will bump a lil extra...i dont have to get the MTX if anyone knows of anything just as good for the money, it could possible used later to power 2 12" subs thats y i chose the 940rms

im going to be using the EA2000 to power my front and rear door speakers witch will also be upgraded to probably eclipse or pioneer premiers but havent decided on that either

my budget is flexable but i think i want to spend around 500 bucks on all this and ill be shopping online to find deals...

id like to keep as much eclipse as i can but cant seem to find it very cheap online, but i like the MTX alot and not that familiar with the other brands

Thanks for any imput guys

Gold Member
Username: Alex_f

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 1180
I could sellyou a kicker L7 12".....$170 with the box.

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

Ny

Post Number: 297
I think you'd be good with the CVX. Stay away from MTX subs...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
ATF
ill keep you in mind i think im going for a lil more SQ than the L7 offers but if i cant find what i want or a good deal ill def. take you up on that offer... is there anything wrong with it and what year model is the L7

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
eric do you know a specic place to get a good deal on a cvx?

Silver Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 115
http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?dp=E2F2C23222E6321253E3F363C3B357E3736373430 36313&stk_code=kic06cvx122&svbname=32&CA=Y

than copy that and put it here on the 105% price match
http://www.cardomain.com/item/KIC06CVX122

when they approve it it will be a little cheaper and cardomain is factory authorized so you get a warranty

Gold Member

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 1183
It is an 05 model. it was dropped, and the magnet shifted. I fixed it, and it works. I could deal off ebay to be more secure. I am currently using it. I have a couple other subs to sell also. 2 10" jl w1's(got louder than my L7 on the low notes). and a dayton audio MK3 12"...maybe...never used.

Gold Member

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 1184
i loved those w1's. i had them ported, and they had awesome sq, and they got real loud(that was in my basement)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us