Need help with Components and amp selection

Username: Matt_dobb

Post Number: 2
I am up in the air on which set of components to get it's between these 5 models. Focal 165K2P, CDT ES-620 or Gold HD-62 Gold and DLS Iridium 6.2 or Nobelium 6.2. My biggest concern right now is not having enough power to run these. I have a 300/4 that I can bridge to 150 x 2 rms but then I will need another amp for the rear midbass's :-| I am not totally against another amp just was hoping to get it done with this amp. If anyone thinks this amp is not powerful enough to run these please say so. Also what would be your pick out of the 5 models spec'd?

Post Number: 3
No one has any opinions?

Silver Member
Username: Makmillion

MN United States

Post Number: 422
I'd go with Focal 165K2P :-)

They're really nice speakers..

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 283
I also think the Focals would be a good choice and if it were me, I wouldn't worry about amping the rear speakers, especially if you're running subs.

Post Number: 4
I listen to all music not just one type, 50% of the time it's Hip Hop then classic rock would follow with about 25% and then the last 25% would be everything else. With that being said would the focal's tweeters be over barring for extended periods of time?

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1234
I like the DLS and the CDT HD-62/M6. DLS was very solid all the way around and for me has an easier tweeter to listen to than the Focals. As for the CDT's, I love their tweeters and the M6 driver is quite nice but they require tons of power.

Post Number: 5
That's my biggest issue with the CDT's is that they do require so much power. I was wanting to keep things simple but sound really nice. So between the 2 different pairs of DLS (Nobelium & Iridium) what's the biggest noticeable difference?

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2941
wheres the Rainbows?? :-)

CDT HD's are nice, i ran a 3 way set off a JL 300/2, worked fine. ES's aren't worth the extra money over the HD's imo, but Alter may be able to work you a deal on CDT stuff.
Iridiums are install picky but very nice. no idea on the Nobelium's, haven't heard much about them yet.
Focals are nice, but tweeters are hard to tame.

Silver Member
Username: Spidercoder

Palm Harbor, Florida USA

Post Number: 107
I would go with the Diamond Hex S600s.Compare the quality of the crossovers from them and the CDTS is like night and day. CDT uses cheap parts in thier crossovers. The Diamonds are by far in a whole different league than the cdt.

Gold Member

Concord

Post Number: 1239
and what crossovers are you comparing?

Silver Member
Username: Spidercoder

Palm Harbor, Florida USA

Post Number: 113
You can compare any crossover cdt makes to the diamond hex crossover major difference in quality. Of course you will come on and stick up for cdt you deal them your biased. Diamond is much better quality than CDT by far hands down. Take cdt top of line take diamond d971 no comparison Diamond makes better componets, subs and amps than cdt. Not even in the same league.

Gold Member

Concord

Post Number: 1240
lol, you're pretty judgemental and biased in your own right. And no i'm not biased I just asked which ones you ACTUALLY have looked at and how you would go and compare them. I've used Diamond D7 and D5 and Hex stuff and its all very well made, not too impressed with the amps as I prefer an ARPA built amp and the sub is only so so as my Mag will destroy them, but to each his own.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us