S.i. mag 15"

Silver Member
Username: Atllefty12

Pinellas, Fla.

Post Number: 156
How is this sub overall? What other subs could you compare it to? Is it what everyone makes it out to be? and also how about its ability to get LOUD?

Gold Member
Username: Alex_f

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 1196
alteraudiousa can help you out with that...

Silver Member

Pinellas, Fla.

Post Number: 158
how can they help me?

Gold Member
Username: Alex_f

Near lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 1198
i beleive he sells them, he'll see this thread soon, if he still comes here...

Gold Member
Username: Pelona

Perres, California

Post Number: 1754
its like the best all around sub u can get and i think it compares to a crystal comp x

Silver Member

Pinellas, Fla.

Post Number: 161
oh you mean low-hz.com?

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2067
from what i hear it is one badass sub, put 1000-1500wrms to it and should be in the upper 140db area while having excellent sq. its kinda exspensive though, i think its $500 brand new.

Gold Member
Username: Pelona

Perres, California

Post Number: 1756
i think it can take up to 2000rms too

Silver Member

Pinellas, Fla.

Post Number: 162
im gonna feed it 1000-1200rms

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 138
Can it take 2000rms for burps? Yes! Would it like it, NO! Not a great idea for daily driving.

1000rms is perfect for a mag 12 or 15. They are very efficient drivers, and will reach full output with 1000rms, so running any more than that to a mag will just increase your chances of blowing them.

And for overall SQL they are the best drivers I have worked with to date.

Gold Member

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2069
it can take 2000wrms but it doesn't need it, its super efficaint, 1200wrms would be perfect for it.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4125
they are efficient so they get loude with little power.

but the motor structure handles power very well....so oyu can throw a lot of watts to it and they will get even louder.

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1112
they aren't the most efficient sub i've used especially not the 12 but the 15 does very good with less power. The 12 has a stiffer suspension so maybe it just seems less efficient cause it can take a pounding on it. I've thrown 1500rms on a 12 Gen 2 Mag and still couldn't get it to step out and right now I have 1200-1300rms on my 15 and it loves it. In a sealed box I get high 130s to low 140's depending on mic and thats behind the seats in a sedan. SQ is very nice on the low end but does not have the same SQ as say the IDMAX or RL-p which has a little more extension into the 80-125hz range. The sub loves the 35-60hz range. Depending on what you listen to i'd go with a 15 or a 12. 15 I prefer on almost anything but if you could afford a pair of 12's would be killer. I really liked the sound of the 12 in my Alero Coupe I had on rock and stuff, the 15 does well though. Suggestion though, if you like music get a frontstage that can actually keep up with the sub. I've been listening to "The Postal Service" and song #9 even my 3way frontstage gets outdone by the sub.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 143
Not the most efficient?

And yes, the 15 is more efficient than the 12, but they are both VERY effiecient drivers.

I have 2 12's with 450rms going to each and they pound. If you look at the movie I made you can see how much they are moving with only 450rms each.

www.Low-Hz.com/LHVIDEO

What subs do you know of that will move more than that with 450rms?

Also, which version were you talking about not being the most efficient?

Also, SQ could be effected by the amount of power you are throwing at them. It is hard to maintain perfect SQ when giving 1000+ watts to a driver. It is very possible you are driving the subwoofer past the 24mm of Xmax that is has. So that could be part of the reason.

Gold Member

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2075
"What subs do you know of that will move more than that with 450rms?"
Maybe some AA atlas's, i only have 300wrms to each of mine and they have that much excursion.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 144
I meant subs that are sold these days. And I just think the Mags are up there with any sub in effieciency. I can't see how they could be considered not to have great efficiency, if he was talking about the newer version mags.

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1113
it is quite efficient compared to the Gen 2 but the 12 really shines with power more. You may get by with less power especially in a ported box but in a sealed enclosure it does much better with more power, much better. I mean when have you seen a sealed 12 with 1200watts outdo a ported 15in sub off 600rms. Subs like the Rl-p and Ov.2 seemed more efficient with the power but its doesn't really matter, the Mag is a killer sub. And i've never bottomed out the sub yet showrides, you know how I am with the Mag. The Mag is a killer SQ sub but excels at the low end for the frequency range and not the upper end like the Rl-p or Ov.2. This isn't a bad thing at all for a sub is only meant to play down low like 80hz and below and the Mag is a killer at a very important range of 30-50hz. I think I noticed peak output in a sealed box in the 33-38hz range, well atleast my car's response.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 145
That sounded good to me. And mine are sealed with 450rms each, and I think they really pound. But I haven't wired them down to .5 ohms yet and tried them with about 1200rms each, so they could be CRAZY loud with that power. So for now I will take your work on that. But now you got me looking forward to giving them some real power. But I do think most people will be perfectly content with the output even with 450rms each.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1548
very good sub

Gold Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Wellsburg, WV USA

Post Number: 1668
Well instead of Atlases, how about Arsenals? Just a thought.

But anyways, I look at those SI's and I know they're nowhere near the same, but MAN cosmetically they look a LOT like my Assassins lol.

Bronze Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 41
The SI MAG 12 is nice at round 1500 rms, the 15 will be nice at 1200 . Either way you go, its pretty tough to beat one.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us