Jumping power??

Username: Antisign

Bakersfield, California USA

Post Number: 1
I've been reading on here for awhile, but never posted. Also i know that all of the other sections are like dead so i got a question. Can you jump power from one amp to another, like if you know what i mean. I know a distro block would be the best but for a temp. solution can you just jump them?? Thanks for all the help

-Josh

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 767
yes

Silver Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 768
Just make sure your power wire and grounds can handle the amps. BTW, what are the amps wrms?

Post Number: 2
Im running 8 gauge but its a Kenwood KAC-8452 (crap amp) and a RF-2002 also kinda crap, so i think the 8 gauge should handle it right?? The Kenwood is 70w/channel and the RF at 50w X 2. So you think i should be ok??

Username: Pctrailsrider00

Loveland, Co USA

Post Number: 1
8 guage is usually good to about 1000 watts depending on wire count of the specific wire. Don't jump wires off of the amp, unless its low power like the remote. Cut and splice the wires before the amp so you don't pull current directly off, and can damage the jumped amp very easily. Distibution blocks are very handy.

Silver Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 770
"Cut and splice the wires before the amp so you don't pull current directly off"
That makes no diffrence. Thats like saying, how does water know weather to go to the bathroom sink or the kitchen sink?. The power will go where its needed. Run the power to the biggest amp first, then whip to the smaller. I used spade connectors to make it easier to get both wires in the terminal. It has not caused any problems.

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 584
can i jsut ask, not trying to be an as$, but why not get a dist block? there not that expensive cuz ur using 8awg wire so u dont need nothing special, and u only need one, jsut run seperate grounds for each amp...jsut a saffer way to go, and much easier (dont have to worry about messing up your amps)

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4392
yeah i agree with killer.

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 586
http://cgi.ebay.com/APEX-Power-Distribution-Block-1-4-GA-to-4-8GA_W0QQitemZ30000 7553831QQihZ020QQcategoryZ50550QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

thats all you need rite there....or something similar...

Silver Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 771
A D-Blok is the proper way to go, But Jumping can be done. Thats what he asked..So I gave my opionion..Yes , It can be done...thats all.

Post Number: 3
Hey guys, thanks for all the help! I will be getting a distro block soon so for those who suggested it thanks anyway. Thanks again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us