Fusion?

Bronze Member
Username: Genocyde21

Post Number: 61
Hey guys, i wen't down to my local Dr. du parebrise to get my windshield changed, and they had this mad sellout for the brand ''Fusion''. Have anyone heard about this or anyone tried it? I looked on realmofexcursion but i don't think that the videos do it justice... Any imput is greatly appreciated :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
common guys i'm sure SOMEONE here heard about it...

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 833
no i have never heard of them, but try searching them on google

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
great. Thanks for the advice. I'll keep away...

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8134
trash...dont waste ur money

Silver Member
Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 363
I dont know if this is the sub you looked at but they look like offbrand trash. Ive never heard them so i cant justify my answer but you mine as well just save up and by a good brand name system like chauncey was saying dont waste your money.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Fusion-Encounter-12-subs-800-watt-extreme-amp_W0QQitemZ220 008575616QQihZ012QQcategoryZ32822QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member
Username: Yamahabanshee1

Paulding, Ohio USA

Post Number: 353
Hey Jeff, dont let everyone bull crap u! its all ur own opinion! but i had 2 12" Fusion PowerPlants and those things slammed! i loved umm! put them in a 2.2cuft each chamber ported at 37hz and those dudes will get it on! ask halter my fusions were LOUD!

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1452
i've heard some of their subsand they get very loud but, like audiobahn, don't last usually and sound like poo

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 444
Fusion makes high quality equipment that not only sounds good, but look sreally cool too.

Alot of people tend to judge these companies by thier lower end line....

Think if people did that with car manufacturers, People would all be saying Ford was crap if they only seen the Festiva, and never knew about thier Mustang Cobra, ect.

Fusion is kick azz, i'm goin to put fusion in my minitruck that is body dropped, bagged, and has a 383 stroker v8, the truck is satin black and getting green TRUE flames, the fusion equipment will be badazz in it.

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 445
http://www.fusioncaraudio.com/products.php?category_id=4

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 4003
i have heard some Fusio subs and 6x9's.....and i wasn't impressed. but if Zac says it's good....then that is his opinion. lol:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 4004
Zac, it seems like from your above statement, that you are getting it b/c it will match your trucks paint job. lol no offense.

this is coming from the guy who uses DD's to win records...lol :-O

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1291
im digging the XTREME amp.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4006
am i missing something....i don't see the XTREME amp anywhere on that website. lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 4007
nvm....i see it...lol

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1296
strap 44 of those bad boys together and youll be bumping.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 67
Wow lol. I think i'll buy 1 sub and see what it sounds like. Like i said, it's a sell out and the prices are absolutely rediculous... I'll give you guys some feedback when i buy it.

Username: Blixy2k6

Post Number: 1
This is my fusion system. id say its quality matches the price you pay so you cant complain really. I have recently blown one of the subs and its a chance to upgrade. I'am now looking at JL Audio instead.
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
wow that's nice :-) Ya i would buy JL but there's none here. I can't buy stuff by e-bay cos it costs almost as much to get it shipped to here... So i have Alpine, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, Fusion, Jensen, Sony and Kenwood. I'Ve tried pretty much all of them exept fusion. I'll give it a shot.

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 446
Muddy, re-read my earlier post.

You seem to have missed the point here, what model 6x9's were you listening to?, if you werent impressed then i'm sure they werent any of the top line.

And yes, you should value my opinion on products, I have been in the 12volt industry for 15 years and have multiple world class titles.

Muz, this install looks very nice, however, I see your running the LOWEST line Fusion makes, the Encounter. Try the mid-line PowerPlant series, this stuff absolutly rocks.

And no Muddy, I would never put product into any of my personal vehicles unless it was top notch quality.

This stuff is kick azz, it makes me laugh when I hear someone judge a companies entire product line on one set of 6x9's they heard in somebodies car, (sigh).

Gold Member

Post Number: 4018
i never said they had BAD subs....i said the stuff i heard didn't impress me. calm down

i wouldn't waste my time with their stuff...no offense...i am not saying you suck...i do repsect your opinion...it is just not my cup of tea, that's all.

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 447
Upload

Somehow I doubt it was these Fusion 6x9's....

Product Specifications

Crossover Features
2-Way Passive Crossover Network
High Pass: 2.5kHz / Low Pass: 3.5kHz
12dB/Octave
Ventilated Metal Protective Housing
24kt Gold Plated Input/Output Connections

Tweeter Features
1.25" Superior Silk Dome Tweeter
High Performance Neodymium Magnet
Spun Aluminum Tweeter Structure

Woofer features
60 Oz Magnet Structure
2" TIL Voice Coil
2 Ohm Impedance
High Rigidity Pressed Paper Cone
10 Gauge Connection Fly Leads
Die-cast Speaker basket
Chrome Back Plate
Power Handling (MAX): 300 Watts

PRODUCT MANUAL

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 3051
i agree w/ zac,

fusion is pretty darn nice. i have heard a few powerPlant 12's before and they got pretty dam loud. Sounded pretty good too, but the guy that had them was clipping the h3ll out of his amp...so they only sounded good w/ the volume down a lil.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8154
imo like i said up there....not worth it...

Just save....

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 448
I hear ya, but let me show you some of thier product, i'm guessing you will be impressed.
Maybe you just havent seen the better equipment they make.
I'll post a few things in here for ya to check out.

heres some components...
Upload

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 449
How about a large amp?....
Upload
Product Specifications

Damping Factor >200
Variable Subsonic Filter 10Hz - 50Hz
Variable Input Adjestment 0 - 12 dB @ 45Hz
THD 0.05%
5-Way Protection Thermal, overload, DC-offset, short curcuit and reverse polarity

CEA 2006 OUTPUT POWER @ 14.4VDC
2007 Watts RMS per channel @ 4 Ohms and 1%THD+N
S/N > 65 dBA (reference 1 watt into 4 Ohms)

ADDITIONAL POWER RATINGS 12.6VDC
1780 Watts RMS per channel @ 4 Ohms and 1%THD+N
3100 Watts RMS per channel @ 2 Ohms and 1%THD+N
3890 Watts RMS per channel @ 1 Ohms and 1%THD+N

ADDITIONAL POWER RATINGS 14.4VDC
3160 Watts RMS per channel @ 2 Ohms and 1%THD+N
4120 Watts RMS per channel @ 1 Ohms and 1%THD+N

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 450
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 451
So does this stuff look low end to you????

Chauncy, Muddy, come guys, you better.

For heavens sake they offer a 6x9 that has a cast basket with a 2" vc that rides in a 60oz motor.

No, hey arent the best, but they are very good quality, and isnt my opinion, its a fact, so...

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2040
1% thd, isn't that kinda high, most amps i've seen are around .05%.

Silver Member
Username: Bulldogsm2008

Iowa City, Iowa

Post Number: 277
well itd be hard to get less with an amp that big plus its most likely for spl comps so it doesnt matter

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 453
That is a strappable mono amplifier that will put a combined power of over 10,000 watts rms at 16 volts. Your ears will be distoting well before the amp, lol.

And no, for a class D amp that will be running frequencies below 100hz .1% is not high, in fact it's inaudible at that amplitude.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4020
their subs indeed look befy, but i am not a fan of the green or the tacky plastic.:-)

but other than that....i would use it before A-bahn.:-O:-O:-O:-O:-O:-O:-O:-O:-O:-O:-O

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 8162
"So does this stuff look low end to you????"

does this look like a monster???

Upload

didnt think so....looks are pointless...u no that...

I believe u when u say there not the worse...but like muddy said thats just not my cup of tea...

Silver Member
Username: Nikoncd

Post Number: 109
Fusion... why green? I mean, I am not keen on all the flashiness - brushed aluminum at least makes me think it will cool better even if doesn't help disipate heat. For some reason when I hear the name 'fusion' I think blue or something, not at all green. If looks matter, just tack on some flames and chrome it to death, haha. I know, pointless post to comment on the green, but eh.

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 420
avalanche :-)

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 455
Chauncy, what the hell do you know about car audio anyways?

I'm not saying they only look good. They perform very well, not to mention the build quality is much better than average, damn good actually.

Wether they're not your cup of tea or not does not mean this stuff isnt kick azz.

Tell ya what, you pick a class, any class, SQ, or SPL, and i'll use Fusion products and show you just how well they perform.

I'll put money down that you'll be hella impressed, no doubt in my mind.

I know products. And I never stand up for a product that doesnt deserve props, these do.

Its like your condeming this brand just because they put some effort into making it look good, whats wrong with that.

I for one can tell you that the majority of customers who pass on DD and brands like them is because flat out they're not attractive.

Yes, your right, performance is number one but after that looks should be addressed.
Some companies who dont have the ability to build good products have no choice but to rely on nothin but looks.
But Fusion, they're doing nothing but adding value to an already great product that performs great.

You don't agree with me?, then your just wrong, sorry, i'm 100% right here, Fusion makes good equipment regardless of your opinion.

Facts are facts.

Except for the looks part, if ya dont like the way they look you and everyone is entitled to that of course, myself i like'em, but thats my opinion lol.

Silver Member
Username: Frkkevin

Denton, Texas US

Post Number: 267
meh.. flasyness just adds to the cost.. thats why these companies who build bland looking subs do so well.. the lack of money they spend on "flashyness" they can incorporate into making the sub more efficient and keep the cost down.. I have heard some Fusion subs, they were not bad. I'd base it a lot with kicker products though. Never heard the top end equip so I can't judge that..

Bronze Member
Username: Fatkid

Post Number: 11
i have this setup by fusion and it does 130 db with no distorsion i think fusions are great

http://cgi.ebay.com/FUSION-FEW-12PK-CAR-SUBWOOFER-AMP-PACKAGE-ENCLOSURE_W0QQitem Z120001440322QQihZ002QQcategoryZ32822QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member

Post Number: 4025
people who pass on DD need to do some more research.

i never buy something without having at least some kind of background knowledge about it.

i think the Fusion subs are out-right ugly....and tacky looking, with the g*y green and biohazard symbols. lol

i don't care how they sound or how loud they get....i can get something that is just as good or even better that doesn't look like my 8yr. old cousin designed it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4026
i am not trying to get under your skin, or disagree with you over the fact that they are well-built, and that they perform. you are a professional, and that is what you are good at.:-)

but i just don't like em....ugh....

ehhh to-may-toes, to-mah-toes. lol

Silver Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 260
im not feelin the green either.

Silver Member
Username: Nikoncd

Post Number: 110
I really don't think looks are so much of an issue as long as they can preform, and imho I believe the DD is way sexier - but looks are all subjective. To me, when the colors/design of the sub are 'louder' than the sub, it becomes an issue - so I might (probably not) consider the Fusion if I were blind, at least it'd be left up to the sq then. :-) keep bumpin

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 456
Ok, now that I can handle guys, lol.
Performance has nothing to do with thier looks.

So if ya dont like them ya don't like them, thats cool, lol.

They do most def have a certain look not many are used to. And I respect your guys opinion on not liking thier looks. :-)

As for the guy who said somethin about build costs and making them look bland is the only way to get better quality, wow dude. Check it out...

DD 9515's cost about 900 bucks each. The cones and baskets are built overseas along with some other parts. After the motor's tooling there isnt anywhere near, not even close, to half that in cost, in fact theres only a fraction of that.
There is a substantial amount of profit that could be lowered slightly by adding some cosmetic features to the woofer, and still keep a high profit margin.

I'm so sick of hearing the lame azz excuse from all these high-end manufacturers who say "we dont put anything into looks, instead we spend it in creating better quality"
Come on, we know better, that just means theres less cost in your product and you can keep that high retail price which in turn gives you astronomical profit margins.

Ever watch IronChef?, well presentation DOES mean something.

This thread proves this in a couple diferent ways, looks can ruin a dish, or they can add to the dishes taste and ambition to eat it.

1 you could try a dish that looks great and love it's taste. (and you could like one that looks bland too)

2 but you could try a dish that looks bad but tastes great with your eyes closed and love it. (and you could look at it first and never want to give it a chance because it looks bad)

I guess Fusion looks like a bad dish to Muddy and Chauncy lol.

All i'm saying is I think presentation on any sales floor will give the customer thier first impression on a product and cosmetics are the most important part of this. Of course performance comes next, well it should, unfortunatly in the real world price is usually second lol.

Anywho, thought i'd share my a thought in here...

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

420 , 420 420

Post Number: 2046
ya i can see your point zac, but i think it only applys to ppl who don't know that much about car audio, ppl that know of good quality brands like RE, AA, DD, Adire, etc, won't get caught up in how a sub looks as long as it gets loud and sounds good, but ppl who only know mainstream brands like kicker, audioburn, etc will care more about how a sub looks, they think if it looks good it will sound good which insant the case 99% of the time. that fusion stuff looks like its the best of both worlds, looks appealing to the ppl who don't know much, but has the performance to appeal to the ppl who acutally know about car audio.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2738
well ive heard a couple 10 inch powerplants and i was nothing but impressed. they sounded great and had lots of output.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
Thanks for the debate guys. I'll buy one and i'll tell you if i'm impressed :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 4036
DD 9515's may cost that much at your store....but i have seen them as cheap as like 575-600 from other dealers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us