Good thing power acoustic doesnt suck

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 690
ok, yes we see this hundreds of times, but im no noob, so we can be sure i at least kinda know what im talkin bout, so i put my subs in set the gain at 3/4 volume ya know the whole deal, bout a half hour ago they cut off, great, i check the amp and its not in protection, the trunk smells like burnt subs but the VCs dont scratch when you push em, i turned the gains up and down and still nothing, RCAs r good, ground and power r good, any other ideas?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8543
im thinking it seems like clipping due 2 amp needing more current .......

Silver Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 691
well, my alternator pushed my memphis 1100d for 3 months, i dont think its would have a problem with the sony 200 X 2, or would it?

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 253
MAN PROBLEM>>>SONY<<<

Silver Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 254
OOPS. MAKE THAT MAIN PROBLEM

Silver Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 693
haha, but seriously, what do you think the problem is

Silver Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 703
bump

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3968
it could be the amp....or maybe a dying alt. or batt.

so possibly clipping like Rovin said.

Silver Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 706
well, the lights turn on on the amp, my alt was JUST fine about 2 weeks ago, so how could i check the amp? i guess i need to check the amp i really have no idea what goin on here

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Offutt AFB, Nebraska U.S.A.

Post Number: 539
i would test the subs... if it smells like burnt subs than assume it's the subs.. i would test em.

prolly clipped em to death

Silver Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 708
yup, it was the subs, we put em on my friends amp and they didnt work, wtf i dont get it, how did i clip em? i know i had the gain set pretty close to right
maybe they really are THAT sh1tty what should i do? im thinkin i need to talk to indo audio because he sent me silver subs and they were advertised as red, imma make him send me some new ones

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 448
... Sony discontinued the red cones, the silver/black cones are the newer models.

Anyway, hook a multimeter up to the coils and check for resistance or continuity. If nothing shows up, the coils are fabooked.

Did you adjust the gains properly? With a Multimeter or an Oscilliscope?

Silver Member
Username: Scott_debaker

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 618
say if u over power a sub an it gets 2 hot is that casue thers 2 much power powerin them i thnk so casue i had 1700w on my 1 12 alpine an it was gettin hot so now i got both on with 2500w so i guess iam not clippin my subs casue i got the orion 2500 on a stock alt.

Silver Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 713
get your own thread wtf
i set the gains with my ears, and yeah i found out it is the sub, and my subs weent even sonys they were power acoustic and either way, if they were advertised red i want red

Silver Member

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 714
hahahhahahaahhaa, indo audio sent me this

Please accept withdrawal, we will get you a full refund, $20.00 store credit and free tweeters. We are very sorry, we will make this right and solve it. The auction did not state Sony, it shows Precision subs, but regardless, we will take care of you 100%. Negative really hurts us, please work with us and resolve. Please.

Regards.

Robert
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us