OT: Isaac W. need your help

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 451
Hey, I hear you have a associates degree in computers so I was wondering if you could answer a question for me. I have a emachines T2824 computer and I recentley purchased a logitech X-530 5.1 speaker set for my computer. After I made the purchase I was told that I do not have the correct sound card for this (mines a 2.1) So I went on to ebay to try to find one, but there are too many and I have no idea which is the right card for me , could you give me an idea of what i'm supposed to be looking for ?

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1124
Have you gotten the speakers yet? You shouldn't have a problem hooking them up.

How old is your sound card supposed to be? Becuase even some of the cheapest sound cards out can handle delivering 7.1 surround sound. My guess is that you have just integrated sound on your motherboard and don't actually have a dedicated sound card. In any case you should still be able to hook your speakers up. It should be fairly easy becuase everything is color coded. Give it a whirl and hit me up if you got any difficulty.

Who told you that by the way?

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 452
No I havent gotten the speakers yet, I ordered them off ebay a few days ago so they should be here in a week. One of the emachines tech support people told me that b/c on the back of my machine I have 2 speaker plugs and a mic but apparently with my new speakers I am suppossed to have more plugs in the back

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 453
I asked a seller on ebay and he said this is the correct one, what do you think ? should I just hold out and wait till I get my speakers ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/5-1-Channel-C-Media-8378-PCI-Sound-Card-Brand-New_W0QQitemZ2 30008688099QQihZ013QQcategoryZ3701QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

if the ling doesnt work here is the item #

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 1126
I would just wait until you get you speakers and then go from there. If you need it then you can get it. If you do need it your speakers will still work in the mean time, you just might not be able to hook all of them up.

Silver Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 454
Alright man thanks for the help, i'll let you know when i get em
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us