Breaking in a Sub

Bronze Member
Username: Halby

Parsippany, NJ

Post Number: 99
I just had my Infinity 12.1 installed and I was wondering how long you are supposed to keep the volume lower for, and about how low (%) you should stay below. Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3911
some people say it is a myth.

but on some subs with a really stiff suspension...it is necessary for it to loosen up a bit.

Bronze Member
Username: Genocyde21

Post Number: 56
I did it with every sub i got an never had any problems. Some of my friend pound them from the beggining and it doesn't kill it, sometimes it does... My point is, what difference is 3 weeks for you? I let mine for 3 weeks, at like 20 on my radio that goes to 40 max. Use it, but don't abuse it :P

Silver Member
Username: Stnorris

Eldridge, IA US

Post Number: 609
i would just loosen it up for a couple days, playing it half, and maybe sometimes a little higher.

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 616
before i got kicked off the12volt, we had a 2 week long thread bout this, if the owners manual says do it do it, if not dont worry bout it, also we came to that it wont protect the speaker from damage, it ight make it sound better, ill look for a link and you can read the whole thing

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 619
http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?TID=73120&PN=1&TPN=2#post

there ya go, have fun

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2142
i just start off slow maybe for like 5 mins then i slowly let it rip in the next 5 mins if its well built you should have no problem
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us