Exactly 1000 WRMS Amp, so alt can do

Silver Member
Username: Aman2005

Post Number: 241
Hi Guyz,
my frd has bought a pair of Type r, 12" DVC 4 ohm. He now wants an amplifier which delivers exactly or a bit more than 1000 wrms so his alt can handle that. He don't have the money to change his alt. Any suggestions??

Silver Member

Post Number: 242
anyone??

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4288
get a kicker kx1200.1

i used to have that amp with a pair of type Rs on my stock alt and i had no problems. i sold that set to my friend and he has no problem using that setup on his stock alt.

Silver Member

Post Number: 243
Ok, will that amp do its rated power?? Or will perform like hifonics with the 75% thing??

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8466
its underrated & will actually do 1300/1400wrms which Rs handle easily ...

Silver Member

Post Number: 244
Ok, is there any Kicker amp which can just put out enough power to do with Type R without any harm to alt?? 1300 - 1400 WRMS, I think will not fir on stock alt, is there any 1000 WRMS amp of kicker??

Silver Member

Post Number: 245
Also that amp I have found to be more than 450 USD shipped. Is there any amp which is cheaper yet reliable and effective for type R??

Gold Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 1289
Phoenix Gold Xenon 1200.1. :-)

Also - about your alternator, what is it's amperage output?? You have to remember, with 80% efficiency, a 1000 watt amp is pulling in reality 1250 (the difference being lost in the form of heat.)

If your alternator is running at 14.4 volts - You would be pulling nearly 90 amps of current. I dont know any stock alternators that have 90 amps of current to spare after the cars electronics, honestly.

Seth

Silver Member

Post Number: 246
Will Alpine MRD 1005 do that job?? I know the subs are 4 ohm, he havent send the money yet to seller, I think the seller will change the product and he will be able to buy the 2 ohm subs. I have read the ratings on that amp, that amp do 1000 rms at 14.4V, wat that mean? Will that amp not be able to run on normal voltage for providing that much power?

Silver Member

Post Number: 247
anyone??

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4291
i wouldn't get that amp. a friend of mine has one and he don't like it. get the kicker amp. its a perfect match.

14.4v is when the engine is on. with the stock alt you might not even see that voltage. meaning the amp won't run at 1000wrms but a little less.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us