The loudest best coaxials

Gold Member
Username: Pelona

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1626
hey i need some loud good sounding coaxials. or at least some components where the tweeter sits in front of the cone. im thinking the infinity kappas are good but can i have some other recommendations thanx

Gold Member

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1629
anyone?

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 2501
if you go with kappas, youll need an amp, you need a price range and whether your using an amp on them.

Gold Member

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1631
yes i will use an amp and my budget will be about 400$ for the pair

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 721
Polk DB or MOMO
BA
infinity kappas

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2113
arnt the ref. better than the kappaa's? thats wut i have heard

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 723
^^^yes Refrences is the higher line

Gold Member

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1632
man both of are fu.cken stupid

the kappa is better than the reference

but yea wuts a BA?

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 181
wow, I sort of hope those were joke posts. the infinity line works like this:

reference - base model
kappas - a step up
kappa perfects - top of the line

And BA is Boston Acoustics, they make some really nice products. I don't know what your budget is or what size you need but for coax speakers the SL65's are a nice option. You can get them for around $130 on ebay with shipping.

Gold Member

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1636
oh my bad about BA ya i know boston acoustics is good

Gold Member

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1637
oh i checked the polks and BA and in the good model it doesnt come with a 4" counterpart. sorry i forgot to mention that.

im liking the kappas because they come with a 4" counterpart too but i dont like how theyr 2ohms cuz i want to also run a pair of tweeters with the four speakers so ya are there any other good ones?

Silver Member

Vermont

Post Number: 182
yeah, your options are definately going to be a bit more limitted if you're trying to find 4" speakers. just to clarify, you're looking to run 4 inch coax speakers and then seperate tweeters as well? I'm guessing you're looking to put together a three way system, so you'd have a 6.5 midwoofer as well? I guess I'm just a litte confused as to your intentions, could you lay it out for me?

Gold Member

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1638
alright i want 4 coaxials and 4 tweeters.

i will run 1 coaxial and 1 tweeter on 1 channel of a 4ch amp so that means the amp will run at 2ohms

so thats why i want 4ohm speakers and tweeters

Gold Member

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1643

Silver Member

Vermont

Post Number: 186
Rather than try and find a coax and seperate tweet and then having to put together your own crossover setup and all that, I'd probably just go with a set of Kappa Comps since they're 2 ohm anyway.

Gold Member

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1644
but i dont wants comps unless they come with the tweeter right in front of the cone...i just cant install comps in the front of my car where the 4" go

Gold Member

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1645
well wut do u think of these mb quartz. i heard mb quartz are good and sound harsh which is the sound im looking for.
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2682

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1202

Silver Member

Vermont

Post Number: 190
I haven't heard that model, but it seems to fit your needs and MB Quart makes a good product and that's a really decent price.

Gold Member

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1646
do u think it will sound louder than wut i have right now? i have two pairs of 4" and 6.5" infinity references and 4 niobioum tweeters. u know those cheap tweeters that are all black that u get at the swapmeet for like 7 bucks. oh and its powered by the hu a Pioneer DEH-P7700MP which is 22rms x 4

Silver Member

Vermont

Post Number: 191
I don't know that you'll notice it being any "louder" just by changing out the speakers. You really need to put more power to them to gain volume. I think you'll probably gain some clarity but for volume you'll need to amp them.

Gold Member

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1648
ya i know i will be powering them with an amp

i think the one i have right now will just have more "high treble " because of all 4 of the tweeters including the reference tweeters

while if i get the mb quartz i think it will be louder but with more mid and less "high treble" because theres less tweeters. this is why i want to add more tweeters to give it a more "high treble" sound

Gold Member

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1657
g

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2317
"arnt the ref. better than the kappaa's? thats wut i have heard"

i said this because that wut i have heard polo. no need to say that i am a f@ckin idiot because people say the ref's are better than kappa's. i think jonathon or alteraudio are the ones that i talked to bout this. I never said that the ref. were the higher line, obviously there are not.

Gold Member

Perres, California

Post Number: 1668
o my bad bassman

Username: Audioffile

Galesburg, IL U.S.A.

Post Number: 5
Just a word of advice...

You will learn a lot more about what you like and what you don't like by only changing one thing at a time in your system. For example, try buying the amp and see how that makes your speakers sound. It will probably improve the sound of your current speakers quite a bit. Then, if you're still not happy, buy new speakers. But if you change both at once and you're not happy with it you don't really know which part is not up to par. I am only telling you this b/c I did the opposite. I bought four speakers and an amp all at once b/c I had the money but they weren't really what I wanted and I ended up taking all of it back out.

Good luck.

Gold Member

Perres, California

Post Number: 1671
thanx for that info audioffile
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us