Got my new bimmer

Username: Luttrell31

Post Number: 2
I just got a 01 bmw 330ci and was going to put in 2 solobaric 10" l5s and 2 8" solobaric l5s and am kind of stumped on where to p[ut the 8's, I was thinkin maybe have the 10s facing out of the trunk and the 8's toward the front and put some plexiglass so you could see they were there, but i am still just throwing ideas around, any input would be great, especialy if someone has installed in one before thanks

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 1091
its called a BEEMER. but its n00b and you should just sell the 8's! they wont do too much except take up trunk space

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 1092
its called a BEEMER. but its okay n00b and you should just sell the 8's! they wont do too much except take up trunk space

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 156
Why not sell the 2 8"'s and get another 10"???

Post Number: 3
if you are going to insult somone make sure you know what you are talking about I may be a noob to this site but not to cars and car audio., there is bimmer magazine, bimmer worldm, and bimmerforums.com and if I am not mistaken the eights should fill in the sound that im missing between my tens and the factory mids and highs.

Silver Member
Username: Bakerj72

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 174
the wavelenghts that the 8's can cover and the 10's wont are extreamelly unoticable... ur talking bout a 200-220khz range that wont be covered... and ur speakers will manage very nicely at covering that up. sooo..... ditch the 8's..... btw ur woried about that range yet ur dealling with kicker(SPL)...

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Post Number: 138
i agree with justin. plus i heard your not supposed to mix sizes ne wayz. dont know if thats true or not.. thats jus what i heard

Silver Member
Username: Theweasel

Steamboat springs, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 527
220khz... wow that's pretty high for a sub or any speaker for that matter, lol.

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 1360
"its called a BEEMER"

nope.... its a bimmer

Post Number: 6
Would 2 8's not be louder than 1 10" though?

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 1347
why dont u sell ur L5s and buy cvxs...i believe they are the same price and can handle more power and has more sound quality the the L7 and the L5...and can get ALMOST as loud as the L7.....im not tryin to put down ur subs but IMHO i think L5s are a waste of money wen u couldve bought better subs for the same price...mind u im talkin bout ebay prices not circuit chitty and worst buy:-O

Post Number: 7
I work at an electronics store so i get all the products at there price and the l5s were the best deal for us. they were quite a bit cheaper than the cvxs for us.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1349
go ebay.....im tellin u u will be MUCH MUCH happier with thier sq......
but i mean its all bout the money...
$320

Post Number: 8
Thanks but I could get the l5s for half that without the shipping

Gold Member

Post Number: 1350
i leave with this qoute:
"you get wut u pay for"

goodbye

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1051
i agree with reckless, of all the kicker subs the l5's are the worst. if you want kicker get the cvx's, you'll be happier. or can you get a different brand at your store.

Post Number: 9
thanks for the info but i am happy with the subs im just looking for box ideas thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
bump

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 398
hahahah i just read this thread for the 1st time ... that dude matt f ... left it in about 2 seconds ... stephen just basically owned him up there

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 4277
just put them in a nice ported box. they aren't worth showing off and definately not worth the effort you put in to them by making them look nice.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us