Type R or Type S

Silver Member
Username: Aman2005

Post Number: 219
Hi mates, my frd wants a setup.. he is not willling to upgrade elec,, so which will better if playing same music at same volume level but on these two different subs??
any suggestion for placing type r without alt change?

Bronze Member
Username: Quick94gt

Fontana, Ca. United states

Post Number: 20
I have two 12" type R's in my mustang with 1100rms watts to both of them with the stock alternator...never had a problem...get the R's there WAY better sounding than the S's

Silver Member

Post Number: 220
anyone else?

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

Ny

Post Number: 271
He should go with 1 15" R in a nice enclosure and give it a little extra power...

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 1331
aman are u from australia????

Silver Member

Post Number: 221
NO BUDDY i AM FROM iNDIA. Also, my frd have a sedan type car, not a SUV so he cant place a 15". Kindly tell me an amp which gives exactly 1000 watt so the subs can run properly and not more than that power, so his stock alt can handle that

Silver Member

Ny

Post Number: 274
If I can fit 2 15's in my coupe than he could put 1 15" in his sedan. There doesn't even have to be a difference in box size using either a 12" or 15", but hey go with the 12" if you want... either way go R.

^^^^ This would be a great amp to push 1000wrms+

Silver Member

Post Number: 222
will with that amp I have to upgrade my elec sys?? If playing at 22/35??

Silver Member

Ny

Post Number: 276
That amp would be the highest thing you could use without upgrading any electrical. And its impossible to judge just how loud/many watts are being used with volume ratings (22/35)...

Silver Member

Post Number: 223
well, thanks

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 1026
aman, just curious, this isn't for you still is it? just asking cause i know for the longest you were asking the same question.

Silver Member

Post Number: 224
Hey what about this amp

As I think that above stated seller is not going to ship to india.

Silver Member

Post Number: 225
no mike,
I have contacted nate, he is ready to build an alt for me. Also, I've installed the sytem in my car. But I havent played it with its full power, as I've heared to play at lower bass for sometime.
soon I'll post of the pics of my system

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1031
cool, i was starting to get worried you still haven't gotten everything in yet.

Silver Member

Post Number: 226
Also, an alt will cost me around 400 - 500 USD, with that cost, one can buy a brand new scooter here in India. Thats why my friend dont wanna upgrade his alt

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1034
damn, alt. that much to be shipped! how big an alt. you getting? how much is a us dollar over there, in your currency?

Silver Member

Post Number: 227
I am getting a 200 amp alt. In our country, the currency is Rupees and 1 USD = 45 INR (In Indian Rupees)

Silver Member

Post Number: 228
so an alt with a price tag of 400 USD will be approx INR 18,000, you know I have bought the Type R, shipped at INR 22,950, there's not a much difference, one can also buy a pair of type R's 10"

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 1036
seems like alot. is it hard to make that much INR? like is that a normal week/month type pay?

Silver Member

Post Number: 230
well, Here in India, the pay is monthly and not weekly. USually, a normal working person, who is not at a very small as well as a very higher rank can earn upto 20 - 25,000 INR per month. That why in India, people are more intrested in buying xplod rather getting their order from outside. Because it needs to spend one month's income for getting one incomplete system. Sony amp in India cost from 3200 to 5200 INR. and their sub woofers around 4000 - 6000. So a complete system would cost around Rs. 10,000 to 12,000 rather than buying an alpine or something like that which completely cost around Rs. 35,000

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 1294
check this setup for your friend, very good and cheaper, 2 Ascendant audio assassins, one audiobahn a8000t. 800w rms system, sound clean and powerful. You won't regret

Silver Member

Post Number: 231
now back to the game, kindly suggest me an amp which can power two type r without making any harm to stock alt. if not playing at very higher volumes, which creates uncomfort

Silver Member

Post Number: 232
I'm unable to find assassins on ebay. Someone here said that audiobahns are crap?? What about you??

Please remember that we are in India, if got stuck with any amp problem or sub problem, we'll be unable to sort that out or that will cost us too much. so suggest an amp for type r's as he said that he had already bought the subs. DVC

Silver Member

Post Number: 233
I'm unable to find assassins on ebay. Someone here said that audiobahns are crap?? What about you??

Please remember that we are in India, if got stuck with any amp problem or sub problem, we'll be unable to sort that out or that will cost us too much. so suggest an amp for type r's as he said that he had already bought the subs. DVC

Bronze Member
Username: Moheevi

Post Number: 83
http://www.ascendantaudio.com that is where you will find your assassins

Silver Member

Post Number: 235
Kindly tell me something about audiobahn.

Silver Member

Post Number: 236
also, that website only ship to america and not India. Kindly remeber this thing before posting your message

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8441
if $ is hard 4 ur friend - y not get 2 12s pioneer 306 !?

they r about 1/2 the price of type R & still get plenty loud

OR if space is an issue get 1 12" premier 3002/3004 sub , costs the same as 1 type R & is 1000wrms , sounds good too

ALOT of ppl here in T&T use these subs ^^^...

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 1348
Aman im sry if i offended u in ne way by askin if ur from australia its just u keep sayin 'mate', wen i hear tht i think of australians......

Silver Member

Post Number: 237
driving wreckless, no there is nothing to worry about that. I was in sydney a long ago, thats why sometime I talk like that.
Rovin, why you people not looking at the msgs ?? I said that my friend has bought the subs and looking for an amp which gives proper power but not too much which may lead to electric system problem.
Kindly suggest an amp which give exactly or a bit more than 1000 wrms so a stock alt can handle that

Silver Member

Post Number: 238
Also rovin, neither the space nor the price is the issue, the thing is alternator. He can't afford to change his alt.

Silver Member

Post Number: 239
anyone??

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8453
ok i prolly missed that part where us said it was already bought

did u get the 4 ohms or 2 ohms dvc version ?

if 4 ohms then if u can still get them > MB Quart raa1000 which i had

Silver Member

Post Number: 240
Ok, Do you know something about Profile amps?? an amp model number somethihng like AP2000 puts out 960WRms in bridged mode. Will that work
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us