Post Number: 165
had 10w7 in H.O. with 500/1

replacing that with a:

12" g5
12" gtr tunable radiator
gt-24 amp

was the jl setup much better?
will i be happy with the new system?
can the new system even compete with the W7?

Username: Yoyoniner

Post Number: 5
Why would you downgrade your setup?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1338
it will be prety much the same the 12 inch g5 will hit hard like the w7 but the w7 slighty have some better spl the sq will be the same, because u have the ho box the w7 will get louder than a regular ported but since ur talkin about the radiator will be the same as the ho so i said get the cheapest one

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1224
justin do the G5. its a very very good sq sub but its not really designed for much SPL. the ones ive heard have all been sealed so im not really sure what it can do. it has better sq than the w7 by far in the right box. i dont see why people love the W7s so much..honestly have you heard them? there not that great. sorry JL lovers.

you could do 2 12W6s and another 500/1 also. or an IDmax 12 and a nice 1000rms amp.

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 391
jake i agree with u ...

my boy has two tens ... and i think they sound sloppy personally ... and for the price i just couldnt see myself paying that for a sub that doesnt produce what it should

i like the idmax 12 and a 1000 watt amp setup

see if ucan find an mb quartraa1000 with the idmax that would slam :-)

Silver Member
Username: Bakerj72

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 168
hold the phone.... i had a 500/1 and a 10w7 in H.O. and its was magnificent. an insulated car with perfect gains... my w7 sounded astonishing... its gone now so im looking for something new. ive never heard a G5 before and im woondering if the g5 and the radiator in a perfect (down to the .0001 cubic inch) box will disapoint me after owning a w7.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1238
the G5 will have better sq, especially in the box you want to build. it should not disapoint you at all. if you get a chance to hear a G5 do it, then you will know what im talking about.

Silver Member
Username: Bakerj72

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 171
ne body else wanna back up the g5 for its sq? some one who has heard both of these kick a** subs

Silver Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 403
nope w7 all the way

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2136
i say the w7 has better spl and the g5 has better sq
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts