Creative Zen Vision:M with IPod Ready???

Bronze Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 93
For graduation, my mom got me a Creative Zen Vision:M. It came with a USB cable and all this other stuff and I was just wondering if anyone knows if I could hook this up to a head unit that is IPod ready or can head units only play off of IPods?

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 161
Head units that are marketed as "iPod" ready generally use some form of proprietary cable or break-out box to hook the iPod to and then be hooked to the deck (things like this and this in the case of Alpine HUs for example). Apple is the only MP3 manufacurer so far that the main head unit makers are working directly with.

However, the iPod ready decks are only branded as such becuase they are designed to allow users to control the iPod with the deck controls. If you're only interested in getting your Creative player to play through your head unit and don't mind keeping control exclusively on the player itself, then there are many options on most decks for that.

I personally use an iPod, but in a way that would be useful for any MP3 player or any AUX source, simply because I prefer to have the controls on the iPod rather than on my deck. For my Pioneer head unit I use this cable hooked to the back of my deh-p5800mp head unit and then this cable runs from that to my iPod. Most major head unit companies make a similar AUX in cable.

Wow, that was a long answer, hope some of it helps.

Bronze Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 94
Hey, I have that same head unit, cool, and thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 164
No problem, glad I could be of even more help than I intended.

If you do end up getting that AUX in cable do a search on ebay, they're on there all the time and you can generally save 10-15 bucks, even with shipping costs.

Bronze Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 98
Sweet
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us