Can someone help me?

Username: Civic023

Post Number: 1
I do not know anything about navigation systems and I was wondering what all I need to hook one up. I would like to have a cd/dvd player in my car along with a navigation system. do i need seperate systems or can I get one all together? I would like it to have a motorized screen to play the dvd and navigation system if possible.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 1399
u could buy the pioneer HU which has navigation dvd cd player capability....all u need is 1500-1750 dollars and an ebay account

Username: Stephiedoll

Omaha, NE USA

Post Number: 5
I went with a Kenwood DVD indash with a 7" LCD screen plus the external G510 nav system. So far seems to work fairly well (although I am having an issue with the DVD part). It is very easy to program and use. I like the fact it announces turns and other info through the front speakers and mutes the music so I can hear it. Eclipse, Pioneer, and tons of others out there.

Username: Civic023

Post Number: 2
ok, so what i could do is but a unit that is has nav./dvd/cd capability and then buy another unit with a screen? or

Username: Stephiedoll

Omaha, NE USA

Post Number: 6
Molly, you can go portable, most stick to your windshild. Smaller screen and you only have the internal speaker for hearing. I am sure there are options but i only looked at a few.
Second, you could go with an all in one unit. Replace your current stereo. An advantage would be larger screen add DVD and better sound.
I went with an indash DVD unit and then added the nav unit. Very expensive but allows me to remove, repair, or upgrade a peace at a time. The Kenwood nav unit also has a built in memory so I don't need discs when using the navigation.
If you want more info I will try to help. You can e-mail me if you wish.
Steph
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us