92' Toyota Camry Wagon

Tazar
Unregistered guest
I have $350 bucks to spend. I also have a hatback box that fits 2 12"s. 4 tweeters in the box.

What I want:

MP3 Deck.
6.5 inch for doors with dome tweeters.
12s for the box.
Amp to push them all ofcourse

Username: Stereo_junkie

Post Number: 1
$350 huh. Thats not a lot to work with.

A decent deck that can play MP3's will cost atleast $200

6.5" speakers that won't blow out in a day will be atleast $60 to $75.

That leaves about $75 to $90 for either an amp ( a really cheap one at that) or your subs. Lets face it subs are pointless with out an amp. Very few head units are capable of pushing any sort of subwoofer.

My suggestion is to get your deck first. For anything of a reputible brand its going to eat the majority of your budget.

The next thing I would do is start putting away your penny's and save for the pieces that you know will last and will sound good. huge stereo's are often built in pieces cause the majority of us don't have a huge corporate backing or a bottomless credit card (myself included).

The other option is to completely disregard everything else I've said and do some hardcore ebay-ing. At any rate, good luck in your search.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2685
spend the $350 on a Clarion CD/MP3/WMA deck, and some front speakers, preferably 5.25" or 6.5" and of decent quality.
save more.
then buy rear speakers
then a 5 channel amp
then a sub or two and a box for them.

forget teh subs and tweeters box crap.. they sound like two cats f**king anyway. $350 is way too small of a budget for what you want unless you go with low quality flea market stuff.

Username: Blaq1

HARRISBURG, PA USA

Post Number: 2
I HAVE A PPI A404, AND A PPI A300.2, LOOKING TO RUN FULL SYTEM OFF OF BOTH, A404 4 CHANNEL, A300.2 2 CHANNEL. SYSTEM CONSIST OF POLK MOMO 6X9, AND POLK MOMO 6 1/2, AND 1 SUB I HAVEN'T DECIDED ON TYPE YET. ALSO ABOUT TO PURCHASE A PPI IN DASH EQ AS WELL. I HAVE A 1998 HONDA ACCORD SEDAN.

ANY HELP ON WHAT TO WIRE TO WHAT, WHAT SUB TO GO WITH, AND GET THE BEST SOUND OUT OF IT CONSIDERING I HAVE A TRUNK WOULD BE A HUGE HELP.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2711
nice choices in equipment.
In the accord look at doing this:

deck and EQ in the dash

amps in the trunk with at elast 4AWG amp wiring kit

6.5" in the front doors

6x9" in the rear deck

vent the rear deck to couple air between cabin and trunk (see here: http://www.teamrocs.com/technical/pages/trunk.htm)

bridge the 2 channel amp to mono, and run a single 4 ohm sub in a sealed box.
I'd look at maybe an Eclipse Aluminum series 12" (SW8122.4) or an eD e12K 12"
www.eclipse-web.com
www.edesignaudio.com

that'd do it for the accord.
tight little system
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us