Alternators: Delco vs Mando

Username: Wingback2

Post Number: 10
I was told that I needed a Mando 65 alternator instead of a Delco 110...what is the difference between the two? The system I have is 1200W and it is in a boat with a 454 with fuel injection. Was this guy blowing smoke?

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2586
whats the amperage ratings on thoes alts?? is it 65 amps and 110 amps?? if so, neither will work.

you should look into the following two links.
www.excessiveamperage.com
and
http://stores.ebay.com/Iraggi-Alternator-and-Electronics

you need to take your stock alt's output and add about 90 amps for the 1200 watt system to it. thats a starting point for your new alternator size.

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 787
Marine alts are different then car alts. car alts are self exciting, while marine are not. The Mando is the correct replacement for a Mercruiser, but car alts can be modified to work. Do some more research into it to see if you can upgrade. but as far as a direct bolt on Mando is the right one.

Bronze Member
Username: Wingback2

Post Number: 11
Thanks for the help, I had no idea if the guy was pulling my leg or not and it seems hard to find much information about the differences between boat and auto components. Seems most boaters are of the oppinion they have enough money to not worry about doing it themselves. Thanks again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us