The system for YOU!

Bronze Member
Username: Nikoncd

Post Number: 11
sorry, thats a lie... should be more like the system you would grab if YOU were ME.
I have a 05 Mazda3 hatch, although loaded with some trunk space want to keep install fairly small - with that said though, would like to have clean, DEEP bass. Already decided on premier 880 or 780 for the dash, but was wondering what all you audio 'experts' and enthusiasts would recommend. I would say i have about a $600-850 budget, but the closer it is to 600 is obviously nicer, haha. Thnx for taking the time, I appreciate it :-)
btw, I listen to all music but i prolly find myself listening to lots of hiphop, Common.. the Roots.. BEP.. etc. Thanks again!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
on a side note, I was thinking a single jl 10w6 with a 500/1, but thats me thinking. type R's are fairly cheap, better choice?
haha, and another side note...
I have a friend with 2 12" xtants, the older model not the X2s' - what do you all think of them? My friend just got a 12w6 installed in his mustang and they blow the hell out of the xtants - but that could be just the system set up, truck cab (ford sports trac with xtants) vs trunk (ford mustang, new one lucky sob.. haha w/ 12w6). How about diamond? there is a dealer here, but he might be just selling the amps and the components.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
third post in my own thread.............. haha, the xtants are power'd by 2 1000watt mono amps (sry no model #'s) the and the 12w6 is power'd by a 500/1 - crazy, we went to the audio place where he had them install it, hooked up 1000/1 to the same sub, almost cried it sounded so good - makes me wish I had that kinda cash... haha

Bronze Member
Username: Dannyboyy

Post Number: 89
the w6 i think would be the best choice. i have heard rs and they are good and cheap. if your looking to get a ok system that sounds good, get the r, but if you want nice deep bass with good sq too get the w6.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
thanks dan, I appreciate it... yeah, I think the w6 will be it. just a question... is the 10w7 (i've never heard the 10 inch) a vast improvement over the 10w6?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
bumpity bump bump.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1882
well if it was me i'd go 1 kicker zx750.1 off ebay and a 10 or 12 AA arsenal that should make a great sql system and not cost too much, the w6v2 is a great sub, the best sq sub i've ever heard, the w7 is a better spl wise but the loses sq wise to the w6v2, and the type r's suck imo when compared to the subs listed.

Silver Member
Username: Racer501

ND USA

Post Number: 368
if ur willing to go with ebay you can get 2 12" cvx's (mine are coming tomorow!!! :-)) brand new for $360 shipped either dual 2 or 4 ohm vc's and with the extra $240-$440 you can get an amp and wiring kit i just gotta wait like 2-4 weeks b4 i can get an amp for my kickers :-(

Silver Member
Username: _jay_

Post Number: 156
i'll sell u my system, 2 sws-1242d's, with a lanzar vibe266 amp, and a sealed enclosure. offer on price? e-mail me at simons3z@charter.net

Silver Member
Username: _jay_

Post Number: 157
its only 1 month old, no scratches or blemeshes on anything...

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2037
i would have to say grab a arsenal they are supposed to be very nice but if not i would grab a 12 or 13 w6v2 not a 10"cause it will sound kinda lame all by itself
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us