Arsenals should go in sealed or vented boxes?

Silver Member
Username: Stamant

Pensacola, FL USA

Post Number: 188
Is it true if you divide Fs by Qes and if that value is below 50 then the sub is made for sealed enclosures. Or if the number is above 90 then the sub is designed for vented enclosures. How true is this? What would I lose if my subs are designed for sealed and I put them into vented enclosures?

Silver Member

Pensacola, FL USA

Post Number: 189
Does anyone know?

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 845
putting them in a ported box will just make you lose sq while gaining some sql.

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 846
putting them in a ported box will just make you lose sq while gaining some spl.

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 847
ignore that first one^^

Silver Member

Pensacola, FL USA

Post Number: 190
Mike, but would not that be true for all subs. How much better would the arsenals sound in sealed boxes? Have you heard the equation I listed above?

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7820
to answer ur first question,.yes

50 or below...would perform better sealed

51-89 sealed or ported...(most subs)

90+ ported

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 851
true for all subs as ported makes you lose some sq, yeah as far as i know.

don't know how much better sealed the arsenals would be though. i bought a pair but haven't put them in yet cause i've been waiting for amps for them.

Silver Member
Username: Gangstafert

Jacksonville, Florida USA

Post Number: 153
ctmike what amp are you gonna get i have my two arsenal 12's just sitting in the boxes cause i have no amp,its so sad :-(

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 852
yep, mine are sitting in my closet just waiting. i've been waiting for the nine.1 to get back in stock so i can get 2 of them.

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 301
CT and/or Cutlass pic up aa AutoTek in the group buy from B

Silver Member
Username: Gangstafert

Jacksonville, Florida USA

Post Number: 154
i was going to get a kicker sx1250.1 but its alot and im saving and i am curious about those autoteks will they push my subs good and if so which should i get?

Silver Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 304
I just bought a 2000.1 from B for my 2 15's. The 1400.1 would push them great and you cant beat the prices. I was saving up for 2 Kicker 750.1's for mine but when I say this deal I was all over it. Buy the amp and if you dont like it you could probably re-sell it for at least what you paid for it. The kicker would be a good amp too but you will be putting a heck of a lot more to them with the 1400.1 (assuming your electrical system is up to par).

Silver Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 307
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/239842.html

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

Post Number: 253
i have my 15 selaed, its about 2-2.5 not really sure, i think it started at about 2.4 but i cut it down a bit lol

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 853
how's your arsenal sound sealed? i bought them without ever hearing them, only heard the assassin. so what do you think there comparable to?

Silver Member

Post Number: 255
will be able to tell ya in a couple hours, got everything but, gotta wait till mah pops comes home from work so he can connect the power to the battery, but i cant really tell ya what itd be comparible to lol all i ever heard is like, shoot lemme think, 2 12 explodes, 2 10 memphis, 2 10 off brand crap forget what they were, 2 12 duals, thats it and im sure the arsenal will be a he.ll of alot better than those lol

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2658
lol ur in for a suprise.

Silver Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 315
what do you mean by that Wreak...?

Silver Member
Username: Demon_pride

Crowder, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 169
He means AA will blow those off brands away. When I got my SX's and hooked them up, the closest thing i could compare them to was my friends 12w7, and they blew it away. I had heard some RF's before that and some Volfs, and I was completely suprised. This is a great first system for you man.

Silver Member

Post Number: 257
lol i have it hooked up i just cant get the pwer wire to hook to the battery, any ideas? their is a rubber piece and the connecter thats supposed to go around the post on the battery wont go in because of the rubber thing around the post, their is also a metal ring, so i just dont know what to do.....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us