Jensen VM9510

brianb98988
Unregistered guest
Wondering if any of you guys have any input on this player seems to do alot for a decent price.
Jensen VM9510 http://www.cardomain.com/item/JENVM9510

Unregistered guest
Dear all,
I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 L 1993 with a Jensen AM/FM/CD player. My problem is being in Europe, because the FM receivers tuning step is not compatible with the European standarts. Is it possible to change the receivers tuning policy with a key combination? Or how is it possible?

Silver Member
Username: Importrapist

Savannah, GA U.S.A

Post Number: 108
Hey brian, i was once going to purchase that player but did some info and found out that, yeah its good for the price, but it is in some ways cheap. Go to circuitcity.com, mobile video, and then find the jensen and look at the reveiws and that should answer all your questions.

Username: Beatyofeet32

Maryland United States

Post Number: 1
Yeah I was reading those reviews too and saw alot about the knobs being weak but like they say I guess you shouldn't worry just don't lose the remote and tell your friends to stop touchin everything.\

"Having an XBox installed in your car only makes driving that much worse"

brendanmx5
Unregistered guest
It does look good on paper and have a GREAT price for what you get, however I still can't get past the fact that its a jensen. Still, I won't knock it till I try it, so i'll be looking for a display unit to play with at circuit city.
If it is up to par I might just spring for it. Seeing as I own a eclipse HU with 8v pre outs, I have pretty high standards. I just need to see the screen to really judge what it can do.

Silver Member

Savannah, GA U.S.A

Post Number: 158
Well, ive actually seen it, and i think it looks awesome, just as good as any other, and better than some others. BUT the fact that its a Jensen is what kills me....i think its a good price i guess. I was gonna get it, until i found a killer deal that i couldnt pass up on another. I say go for it dude. Get a warranty and if u dont like it, bring it back.

Maryland United States

Post Number: 4
"BUT the fact that its a Jensen is what kills me"

I don't really know too much about stuff as brands go....besides the fact that alpine is GREAT (well it is from my experiences with it) so what's wrong with jensen? Have they been known to make cheap equipment or something?

"Having an XBox installed in your car only makes driving that much worse"

Silver Member

Savannah, GA U.S.A

Post Number: 161
Yes, they have been known to make cheap stuff,they are kinda like Pyle or something, not a very good quality. They may beat or yor HU may work great for the first 2 months, and then.........BANG it breaks, but sh1t man, if it were me, i would go ahead and buy it. Get a WARRANTY.........

Username: Tonkatoyx2

Post Number: 9
Man it works like a charm i was very impressed, i just got it installed yesterday and the picture is awsome. it acutally had better picture then the kenwood that was right next to it at best buy well anyways i have it, i love it , and you should get one,

o yea i got the 4 year warrenty. you should to

Silver Member

Savannah, GA U.S.A

Post Number: 187
How much did you pay for it, cause i found it on Ebay new for $650.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
It was on sale for $599 but i bought that 4 year warrenty which was a addtional $125

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
It was on sale for $599 but i bought that 4 year warrenty which was a addtional $125

oh yea it was at best buy.

but if they install it u cant watch it while driving.
but its easy to fix

Maryland United States

Post Number: 6
You mind posting how to get around it because I'm probably gonna have to do the same thing.

BustR
Unregistered guest
Disconnect the Pink wire.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3076
No, do not disconnect the pink wire, but rather, splice to the black wire or the ground and the unit will operate normally.

LOPRO
Unregistered guest
I did some research and asked someone who has been in this business for over 15 years (Vortex in Union, NJ). He told me that Jensen is made by Audiovox. The brand name also bothered me being that I am a Pioneer user for all my cars. He stood behind this product, and his customers who bought this unit from him are satisfied and love this model!

Silver Member
Username: Shadylimitedx

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 168
hey brianb98988 i might get that tv 2 an i found it at http://www.cardiscountstereos.com/catalog%20page.asp?Product+%23=VM9510 for about $700 + shippin

BlackCivSal
Unregistered guest
i just got this installed in my civic and i luv it. like others here mention, get the warranty and you shouldnt worry bout much. the one thing i have noticed as a flaw is that the screen gets stuck on its way out/in at times....not all the time, but maybe once a week or so for me. since i have the four year warranty, circuit city has since put in a new one. sound is gr8, pic is gr8.....price is what drove me to get it. overall, i am very satisfied with it.

Anonymous

hey guys, if you look on-line at bestbuy.com they currently have this unit for sale for only $399 - Wow what a great price!

Unregistered guest
does anybody know where i can find a replacement remote controls for the vm9510 other than straight from the manufacturer?

TommyGunnCuz
Unregistered guest
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_2944.html

THEY HAVE THE VM9510 FOR CHEAP. THE BEST BUY ONE WAS BS I TRIED IT.

Bronze Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 39
I would buy the panasonic 7001 before that one, even a refurb, they still have a 90day warranty and is refurb from panasonic.

MonkFish
Unregistered guest
ebay has em now for bout 510 shipped with insurance...

Unregistered guest
i hate to say it but this is the stupidest piece of shyt i've EVER bought, the knobs are definitely weak, i press any button and it goes to mute, the volume knob doesn't work at all, i try to turn it down and it turns up even more, then i lost the remote so that's even worse so now i'm tryin to find a remote to buy, if anyone knows where i can buy one lemme know please. price is good, quality bad, i'm a pioneer or alpine user.

Silver Member

Post Number: 954
Old saying, you get what you pay for......

Username: Jayce2000

One thing no one here has mentioned is the the VM9510 is a 1.15 MEGAPIXEL screen just like the ALPINE IVAD901 radio has but isnt $2300...That means the screen resolution is 3x better than EVERY other company on the market..The VM9510 has out sold PIONEER,ALPINE,KENWOOD and ECLIPSE combined...So ,you do get what you pay for.You paid for the #1 selling MM unit on the market for 8 months straight...

Username: Cbrown

Yo i be having this on my ride bumps pretty good with sq know what im saying mate go fo the monwy green and stay clear steady with dis right here

cheers

Username: Electronics_dummy

Post Number: 1
WHERE DO I PUT THE PINK WIRE TO CAUSE I CANT FOUND THE GROUND WIRE FOR MY PARKING BRAKE? AND WHAT ABOUT SPLICING THE WIRE TO GET IT TO PLAY VIDEO WITHOUT IT BEING ON

Username: Electronics_dummy

Post Number: 2
BY THE WAY, THE JENSEN IS GREAT!!! THE SQ IS TOP NOTCH!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2384
it outsold, because it is a cheaper unit, not for the quality. and as far as screens are, there are different levels of screens, A, B, C, etc, i bet the cheaper units use a c or below screen. And the features that is offered is a big difference in these units....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us