Drilling through firewall

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1466
is there a diagram or anything that shows where you should NOT drill in ur firewall. like for runnin ur powerwire. i have heard of people damaging hoses and stuff...

Silver Member
Username: Tweeker

Post Number: 212
not really just find a place where you dont see ny wires or hoses and drill there should be a spot were you can easily drill tru though.

Silver Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 791
i would pass the power wire were there is already an opening thru the firewall...thiers normally a black rubber surround with wires being fed thru the firewall....its in all the cars ive installed systems in...

Silver Member
Username: Reloaded

Mebane, NC U.S.A

Post Number: 171
find the dust boot that all the wires are going through and take a razor and make an incision, just enough to get the power wire through and you should be able to get it into the car from under the steering wheel column

Silver Member
Username: Gangstaplayer

Gangstaville chicago

Post Number: 126
thats what i did reloaded and that works good im just worryed its gona leak around there and that would be bad because all my other wires are around there and that blows. but it slides right in there my car is weird the battery is on the right

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1573
if the cars a standard just drill a hole in the clutch plate, simple, usually easy to get to and drills like butter.

Gold Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1574
if the cars NOT a standard (automatic) just drill a hole in the clutch plate, simple, usually easy to get to and drills like butter.

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1467
its a 99' tacoma and he only has like on gromit on the whole firewall where a wire passes through...

where is the clutch plate?

Gold Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1575
typically, its around the steering colum somewhere...best description i can give ya...

Gold Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1468
alright. thanks

Username: Dsmith07

Post Number: 10
go to a audio store and ask them where they are gonna drill the hole if u pay them to do it then go do it yourself lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us