Looking for amp for L7, fosgate good enough?

Username: Drwang

Post Number: 3
I have a L7 and it's currently running on 1000max watts crunch amp. I'm not sure what the rms rating on the crunch is as it was never given but I'm guessing 500rms. I want to upgrade to a ROCKFORD FOSGATE PUNCH P8002 which is advertised to push 800rms. It's a 2 channel so bridged, it might push just enough to meet the L7 requirement of 750rms limits. I was offered the punch amp for $150 used. What do you guys think? Good deal or not? If not, any suggestions on what I can spend the $150 on? Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7320
what size L7

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7321
get a audioburn A800T or A8002T, depending on ur vc configs, there like $120 shipped brand new on ebay

Post Number: 4
it's a 12" L7... i'll lookup the A800T, thanks.. yea i prefer 2 channel because of a possible future upgrade

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7322
Audiobahn A8000T

Post Number: 5
the L7 is Dual 4-ohm Voice Coil so that means the AudioBahn A8000T Amplifier would only push 400rms right? I just realized this with the RF punch amp as well,.. it only pushes 400x4ohms. Am i pushing the limits of the sub here?

Post Number: 6
i just realized that the above amps are only 400rms@4ohms ...800rms @2ohms

anyone have suggestions on a 800rms 4ohm amp with reasonable price? thanks

Username: Antiwhy

Sioux Falls

http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/3379
I picked one up a couple months ago it works great, its US amps you can't go wrong. I have seen this amp at A1 audio for over $400

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 989
For a dual 4 ohm sub that amp will work great. Wire it parallel for 2 ohms. The A8000T does 800 wrms @ 2-ohms. Your good!

Post Number: 7
So most likely I'm leaning towards the RF right now because I'm not familiar with the quality on the audiobahn. Unless it's the audiobahn is part of the High Current (HCT) series, I probably won't get it.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7331
the audioburn is the same if not better then the RF, in quality

plus the audioburn has been benched, and it puts out its rated power....

Post Number: 8
I'm looking for reliability also and I've had friends that have had problems with it. Although I might mention the price of the audiobahn to the guy selling me the RF in hopes of him lowering the price. What would be a good price for the RF?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7334
$90-100

Post Number: 9
I'd love to get it for that price. Let's see if I can pull that off. I'm pretty doubtful though because the new price is around $400 and used ones go for somewhere near $300.

Post Number: 10
Here's a link of the RF I'm talking about. Looks a lot nicer than the audiobahn imo.

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=519&CF ID=947310&CFTOKEN=73d175549b9b68c4-92189AEE-1422-7C6E-50BEBC62A48A6981

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7338
well get the audioburn....duh

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7339
U do no those are just end caps......,,and why are u so concerned with looks????

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I'm curious Chauncey, what setup are you running? It's pretty rare that people suggest getting an audiobahn. I've personally never owned an audiobahn no Rockford but I know RF has been in the business for a long time and makes good quality equipment.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Oh yea, looks are just a bonus haha, but yea, it's not a main concern.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7343
right now im having my box for my 4 15" crystal comp x's to be built, with 4 sx1250.1's

The reason i said audioburn is because for a budget it is worth it.......

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
About the end caps,... audiobahn are rated on the box as identical to the RF. If anything I heard that RF pushes more at caraudioforum.com and the audiobahn is overrated. I'm not sure about the truthfulness of this as I haven't done that much research on it, but this is what other people say. I'm definately interested into looking at this a bit more before purchasing anything as it seems I have a conflict of interest.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7345
do u no what benching means.....It tells u how many watts a amp puts out....The audioburn has been benched and it puts out 800rms @ 2ohms..period

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
ok, since both of the mentioned amps only put out 800rms @2ohms,... they aren't what I was originally looking for. I want something that's 800rms @4ohms. THe RF states that it pushes 800rms @2ohms and also 800rms @ 4ohms when bridged. Is it what I'm looking for or not? Thanks.

Username: Feaiel

For a sub yes, the 4ohm bridged to 800rms would be the way for you to go. I'm kinda partial to RF myself. The 8002 should more that do what you want. Does the owner happen to still have the birth sheet for the amp? It would give ya a better idea of what to expect out of it.

GL to ya.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7405
why would u want an amp that does 800rms@4ohms,

ur sub is dvc 4ohms, so u would wire it to a 2ohm load...so u want an amp that does 800rms@2ohms

also if u dont get the audioburn, u might as well get a better amp then both of them, because no way that RF is worth over $120.....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
I ended up bargaining with the guy and got it for $130. Seems like an awesome deal. Now I'm thinking about upgrading the 8 gauge wiring to 4 gauge wiring. But first,... is it necessary to upgrade the wiring to 4 gauge if I push it to 800rms?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
What's the worst that can happen if I continue using the 8 gauge? just clipping right?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1445
did the u get the audiobahn?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7413
Daniel are u in high school???

and no bassman3 he got the rf

Bronze Member