Alpine type r's

Username: Hawk44

Post Number: 1
I think i can get my 12 type r's to run on 850 rms per sub. w/ a huge amp. If u think this is possible contact me and help me a little. thanks

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5906
anything is possible if you have control over the loudness, if you are a spl head and just crank it all the time you will cook thems with that much power in a daily driver application.

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 337
"u think you can give your type-r 12's 850 rms per sub." what exactly is making you "think" this. they may be able to take it for a lil while, but remember your giving them almost double their rms, and unless you know for sure that sub can take well beyond its rms, you may end up ruining your subs. also, "is it possible and can you help me"?? like the post before this, anything is possible, and its just a bigger amp, nothing different that you have to do compared with what your currently running, besides possibly upgrading your wiring and alt if its too much power for your car to handle. otherwise, good luck.

Bronze Member
Username: Sweet_subs

Memphis, Michigan Usa

Post Number: 27
why would go go and buy some expensive amp that puts out 850 rms pre channel and get some good subs why not just save ur money for a little bit and get 2 really good jl audios or somehting that will hold up to 850 rms.

Gold Member
Username: Goatin

Ohio U.S.A

Post Number: 1288
I have heard of people running 700RMS with great success But I think 850 is a bit much if you plan playing them for more than 5-10 min.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 8023
agreed ^^^ ......

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 663
turn the gain LOW

Gold Member
Username: Goatin

Ohio U.S.A

Post Number: 1307
Then you will risk clipping the subs if the gain is set incorectly.
It's called a Gain dial not a Volume dial. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us