Component crossover help

Username: Vision323

Canada

Post Number: 2
I have the Alpine SPS-171A component system and I'm getting too much bass in my 6.5, i have the bass on my HU at 2+, but when i get to about 22(vol) the bass make the speakers clip. there are some settings in the component crossover, What does the settings in the cross over do?

Bronze Member
Username: Kevin420

Gilbert, Az USA

Post Number: 12
Those would "assumingly" cut out the freq. you do not want through. I would crank it and slowly turn the dials one way or the other, till it sounds better. If that doesn't work, turn the bass down.

Username: Patpouse

Griswold, Connecticut USA

Post Number: 1
most component speaker systems...if they are excellent can handle 200hz from the amp if u are amping them....but if u have the alpine type s components i would put it at 100-120 hz...thats the gain level...hope i was of some help and good luck

Bronze Member
Username: Bobimpact

Post Number: 13
The crossovers on these speakers will allow them to drop to 32hz, which is way too low for them at high output.
Alpines tend to only include tweeter adjustments, but it's also worth noting that most decks begin to distort their output near the top of their volume scale, for Alpine (which tops out at 35) this may be the case. If this is the case you can probably adjust your amp accordingly, if you don't have an amp you should get one, these speakers are not efficient enough to run at high output on deck power alone, in this case an amp may help you more than tuning.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us