Wiring battery to amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Exman494

Las vegas, Nv Usa

Post Number: 32
Iam going to eventually hook up a kicker l7 15" sub..and was thinking about getting a zx1000 for an amp. (is that the right amp?) And i want to put this in a Ford Ranger w/cab and a half. I know that you run the power cable to the battery, but how do you connect it to the the actuall battery? I know u need a fuse too. And do i hook all this up in a pearall circuit?
Thanks
Joe

Bronze Member
Username: Rick_ross

Post Number: 25
disconnect the neg. terminal so you dont kill yourself then crimp the wire to a ring terminal then connect that to the positive battery terminal.

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston, MA

Post Number: 419
connect it with a terminal. you would need a 4G terminal and put it on the battery bolt. Good amp too. It should have some tips in the manual. look on ebay for battery terminals to get the jist of it. You may want to replace the terminal with a new Audio type terminal.

Silver Member
Username: Highstone

Post Number: 196
take the wire and put it to the battery (+)positive terminal and then put a fuse within 12"-18" of the battery. then take the power wire through the firewall.. u will probabily need to drill a hole and will end up in the interior of the car around the pedals... then just take the wire to the amp..

PS: i don't know if the amp is the right one..

Bronze Member

Las vegas, Nv Usa

Post Number: 33
nevermid i found a good site that tells me http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/ISEO-rgbtcspd/learningcenter/car/amplifier_ins tallation_guide.html?page=2
Joe

Bronze Member

Las vegas, Nv Usa

Post Number: 34
thanks for the extra info and tips guys..sry when i posted my 2nd post it didnt show that you guys answerd
Thanks
Joe
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us