Infinity Ref. 611a

Bronze Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Post Number: 46
i just bought this amp today from best buy brand new... i hooked it up to my infinity subs and it hit hard and sounded good for awhile... i wnet home and killed my truck and came back into town and it started like stalling out but coming back really quick..so i thought no big deal. but then it started shutting off for a long time... and finally would come on then would shut off and the Protect Light would flash every 4 seconds. so i called best buy and they said they would give me a new one for free... i poppped the hood hood to look at the fuse and the plastic part was melted. its like a metal fuse and the plastic part that covers the bolt was melted.. so i dont know if thats good or not... and my amp kit is all dB drive stuff... my ground and battery are 4gauge and the booklet says nothing over 6 and my speaker wire is 16 gauge and the booklet says nothing under 16.. so am i ok thr??? idk... it could be my charging system too.. im getting a mew battery 2mor and gonna get my regulator on my alt turned up hopefully this will help the new amp... and im gonna let best buy install it correctly... but i checked my wires and it was all correct... it puzzled me... any ideas???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
these are the specs for the amp

CEA Rated: Yes
Power Output: 456 watts RMS x 1 channel at 4 ohms and U 1% THD + N 657 watts RMS x 1 channel at 2 ohms, 14.4V supply and U 1% THD + N
Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 70 dBA (reference 1 watt into 4 ohms)
Dynamic Power: 761 watts at 2 ohms
Effective Damping Factor: 6.336 at 4 ohms
Frequency Response (-3dB): 17Hz - 251Hz
Maximum Input Signal: 6V
Maximum Sensitivity: 250mV
Output Regulation: .179 dB at 4 ohms
MSRP U.S. $: $424.95

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 668
i don't know, whats the vc of your subs, maybe you had it wired to the wrong load for them. could be your alt., but that amp shouldn't have killed it unless it was already going.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
the subs are SVC i couldnt have wired them thr were only two choices.. red for pos and black for neg... plus they worked fine with my db drive amp.. which also happen to put out 200 watts less also... its got me and 3 or 4 friends weired out... we cant figure it out

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
are infinity amps good???? cause i know thr subs are

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1278
SVC what? 2 ohm 4 ohm...

their amps are alright.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
subs are 4 ohm each and the amp is 2 ohm stable.. their wired for a two ohm load... i went to best buy today and they gave me a new one just like it.. and i bought a 4 yeah service plan so it should all work out... thanks guys
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us