Username: Anacard

Dimond Bar, CA United States

Post Number: 32
will it cause the amp to over heat?

Bronze Member
Username: Licid

Brunswick, Ohio USA

Post Number: 50
It would be hard to overpower a sub in a sealed enclosure, unless your talking way overpowering. How much are you overpowering by and why?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5887
iverpowering in a sealed enclosure will bring your sub to x-max faster then it would if powered properly. Ths will cause your sub to over extend and cause damage to your sub.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3817
Yep, i just about friend my Arsenal 12 in a 1.38 cuft net sealed enclosure off a arc audio 1500-XXK at 900 x 1 @ 4 ohm bridged. It started smelling like the voice coils were burnt. I sent it back to AA for a refund.

I just ordered 2 10w6v2's and will probably go ported with them @ 32hz and that should be my final setup for a very long time :-)

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3818
Just about fried is what i meant.

Bronze Member
Username: Licid

Brunswick, Ohio USA

Post Number: 51
hey MO, let me know how you like your w6's when you get them installed. And for your box are you designing your own, or are you going off JL's site?

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 186
How did you wire the arsenal to four ohms? Or did I miss understand that?

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3822
It was wired into 1000 x 1 @ 2 ohm Andrew. That amp is stable down to 1 ohm.

LiCid / Im going to have my friend who is an installer for over 20 years build me a ported box that will be bigger then JL specs. The JL specs are fine but the sub will play even better with a bigger enclosure then what they recommend. The main reason they use that is because people like to save space. JL recommends .75 cuft net per 10w6v2 @ 32hz and it just seems to small.

I may go about 1.25 cuft per sub @ 32-35hz off that same arc audio 1500-xxk / 900 x 1 @ 4 ohm bridged. That should slam and sound amazing.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5889
you can't go wrong with the w6's I absolutely love mine:-)

Silver Member
Username: Stamant

Pensacola, FL USA

Post Number: 172
Mo, were you just not impressed with the Arsenal?

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Boston, MA

Post Number: 599
bump for last question?

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3823
Paul, the Arsenal 12 is a great subwoofer for the price and is better then most in its price range. It comes with a great 3 year warranty with probably some of the best customer service you can get.

I just prefer the sound of the w6v2's better then any subwoofer out there. Yes they are expensive but you do get what you pay for.

Arsenal is a hec of a subwoofer and drops very low. It is more accurate then the Avalanche line but not by much. Its improved in the upper freq response which was a good thing. I also think a pair of arsenal 10's or 12's whould be a good idea if your really into SQL. One is not enough unless you go ported and want SQL. The 15 may be another story.

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 600
really MO, i was planning to get one 12 arsenal and go ported? do you think i would be impressed? i want this to be my final decision and finally complete my system. i also want to show my friends and such that their are other companies out there (non mainstream) that are very good too.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3828
bassfishing. I highly suggest you go with a soundsplinter RL-p 12 in this case and drop it in a ported box at 2.0-2.5 cuft @ 28-35hz and be impressed.

www.soundsplinter.com

Trust Me

The Arsenal's are also a great choice but if i wanted to go ported then i whould choose the Sound Splinter RL-p's.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3829
1.5 cu ft @ 34 Hz
2.0 cu ft @ 28 Hz

If you have the space, I would opt for the slightly larger, lower tuned
enclosure, as it will be able to extend deeper.. however for a tighter fit,
the 1.5 cu ft @ 34 Hz will still provide a very nice response and plenty of
output.

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 601
thanks alot MO, btw im gonna be running whatever sub i choose with an xtant a6001 it puts out close to 750watts at 2 ohm. good cus someone is selling a 12rl-p on ebay for 210 shipped. also, why on ss web site and in winisd, the rl-p kinda has a dip? in its fq response

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3830
Go with 2.0 cuft @ 28 Hz since it'll help flatten the response curve a bit, thereby reducing peaks in the response near the tuning frequency.

That xtant amp you have will be perfect combo for this. Make sure it has a subsonic filter.

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 602
yeah thanks alot mo, this forum can be very good when someone works with you one on one since trends start to happen. when i first went on the forum it was all bout the brahma's, then idmaxes, then re, now treo. just a dumb question, but in the enclosure you recommended, could it have to potential to beat out (sql wise) two 10's and possibly two 12"s, if so what brands.
thanks for the input MO

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3833
Definetly can beat out 2 10's and 12's of most subwoofers if the other subs are sealed and with close to the same power your using. It can probably get louder then 2 JL 10w3v2's and have just as good SQ if not better. It can even keep up with 2 12w3v2's.

It can beat out 2 Resonant Engineering RE 10's or 12's sealed. Maybe even ported.

IF you are looking to get clean sound that hits with authority and drops low... This is the sub your looking for and it comes with a low profile so you can show off to your friends.

Silver Member

Boston, MA

Post Number: 603
haha are you a salesmen cus u def just sold me. ha. hope i can buy the one on ebay. still gotta my alt as well. thanks alot man. take it easy

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3834
no problem man, glad i can help. Keep us posted on your system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us