Kenwood Deck Problems!!! ROAD TRIP W/NO STERIO

Username: Homesauce989

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 1
This is my second sterio in my car. The first one was a pioneer and it crapped out.(The lcd screen still worked but no sound came out and none of the buttons worked). Now I have my old kenwood kdcx717 deck in. It worked for a few hours after I installed it then my car fuse blew and after I replaced it the deck worked for a little while but then it crapped out too. Is it the ground wire or bad wiring? thanks for your help ahead of time.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 3038
It could just be that it was time for the both head units deaths, heh.

Make sure your speakers are wired correctly, it sounds like you blew the output IC on the Pioneer (which usually happens from crossed wires). The wires might have even crossed for a few brief moments in which it was just enough time to fry the head units, thus why they worked for a period of time.

Username: Homesauce989

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 5
I wouldn't doubt that I fried something. It was my first time wiring a deck but I had one in before and had to change the plug in the back because they were different brands. Is the output IC easily repairable or should I put it up on ebay for someone to repair? Also do you have any recommendation for a deck that has a removable face and has MP3 format? Thanks for your advice in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 208
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2414
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us