Hifonics NOT overrated????

Silver Member
Username: Jprix82

Post Number: 561
Well here is a email i sent to hifonics/maxxsonics and they said....

"Hello,

The Brutus amps were never over rated.

Some people tested them at 12.5 volts and said they do not do rated power.

All Brutus amps provide rated RMS power at 14.4 volts.

Best regards,

john"

Hmmm kinda makes me look at Hifonics in a different way ;)

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 481
If I remember correctly, there were pics of bench test sheets posted here showing they were overrated at 14.4V. It may have been another forum, though. Can't recall the name, but there's another car audio forum with a big thread of bench test results. Might be where I saw the results.

I know for sure their newer Zeus line is overrated. My buddy has a 2-channel that is supposedly 600w RMS at 2 ohms and it's dreadfully weak.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5553
Don't trust amp companies that rely on 14.4v ratings. That is what Sony and Pyramid used to do in the past. Now everyone copies them.

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 986
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 759
does that thd say 10%......isnt it over 1% u can hear the distortion...and that thing sure does a high current draw...who does testing cuz i want mine

Gold Member

Post Number: 5554
What you need to fear is not just the THD, but distortion/clipping that will be mixed in.
LOT of the cheaper amps tend to do that, put out "x" amount of power (that's what most people seem to care about) along with sub destroying distortion/clippings.
I have said many times in the past, you will never get something for nothing.

Silver Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 249
hifonics isnt giong to tell you that their amps are overrated because they want a sale. and they really doubt your giong to go out and bench your amp anyway

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1489
^^^agreed

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3397
wow....thats why i say "Save your money and get what you really want, do it right the first time" :-O:-O

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1119
but for people on a budget, in think its a great amp. 1360 watts is still very good for the money thet they are askin for. it only a BUDGET amplifier. not for car audio enthusiests that want only the best

Gold Member

Post Number: 5556
1360w of what kind of power, that's the question you should be asking. I see way too many people going by the "watt" numbers.
Anyways, just don't use cheap amps to power expensive subs.

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 990
It's like Isaac said. I used to disagree with him strongly about HiFonics, was even using a 1605D for a couple weeks to power a 13W7 (at .7 ohms).

Then I heard the difference of a good amp powering it, compared to what it sounded like with the HiFonics. Now I'm using a pair of Xenon 600.1's, and the sound quality (as well as actual SPL, too) gets blown away. I wont even use the HiFonics in my car anymore.. using a pair of Xenon 600.1's, a Xenon 1200.1, and just ordered my Xenon 100.4, because I figured it was time to get rid of that little Jensen amp I was using. (However - I must admit, the Jensen amp has been a good little fella.. 65x4 RMS and cea 2006 rated).

heh

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1124
"1360w of what kind of power, that's the question you should be asking. I see way too many people going by the "watt" numbers.

1360 of what power? its watts. yes, they do rate their amps at 14.4 volts but it is a great budget amp. most people would agree. i still wont go near hifonics because i dont like them in general, lol, but for a person that doesnt want to spend alot of money to run some subs, i would reccommend it even if it is rated at 14.4 volt where most amps companies do.

"Anyways, just don't use cheap amps to power expensive subs."

and i never told anyone to run a hifonics amp with good subs...i am talkin about if u have like audiobahn subs or some old kickers or some r's... if u have a great sub, that changes everything that u should look for in an amp.

Bronze Member
Username: Jpio24

Schaumburg, IL

Post Number: 59
I bought a hifonics. Its loud. either way, they're worth the money
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us