Eclipse CD8445 or Pioneer DEh-P880PRS

Username: Frshlkjuce

Post Number: 1
I am in the market for a new head unit. I owned an eclipse before (the model number escapes me, it is on par with the cd3000 now) and I also owned a pioneer deh-p9300 (what a neat deck). I now face a decision. I can get the Eclipse CD 8445 for 280 + Installation (from an authorized dealer, 3 year warranty) or the Pioneer for 308. I will be running this unit in my 2002 honda civic with a US Acoustics USB 4085 amp and Focal 165KP in the front, Phoenix Gold 6x9's in the back. Eclipse makes a clean, great sounding deck, but pioneer is great as well. If you had the choice, what would you get? I appreciate the help, thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2218
i haven't used an Eclipse deck, but am always hearing people complain about the menu system. but if you already have an Eclipse deck and like it, then i don't guess that will be an issue (unless its changed for the newer models...)

i have the 880 and its a great unit. easy to use, easy to setup, looks nice and sounds great. had it for a month or two now and have no complaints.

Post Number: 2
I guess I should clarify that I am looking for SQ over volume. Thanks, I really appreciate any input you can give.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Google is your Friend, FL

Post Number: 3516
i would love to get my hands on an 880:-):-):-)

i would choose that one, it just looks soooo clean.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7145
the 880 has 3.5preouts..........i think

Post Number: 4
5V preouts on the p880. 8445 has 8V preouts.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 7146
i knew it was lower then the 860

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 135
Eclipse used to have some reliability issues, maybe they are over it.
Brig, I don't think one or the other will make it sound louder or quieter, that would be the amp and driver thing. Either one should be just fine. I highly doubt that anyone could hear the difference between 4V, 5V, and 8V.
If the HU says it's 4V, a lot of time it doesn't mean 4V RMS. I used to have a CDA 7930 (4V so to speak) and it normally ran at only about 2V, sometimes it would peak at 4V, but that doesn't mean it sounded bad, just the opposite:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us