Kx600.1 on stock alternator?

Bronze Member
Username: 30hrtz

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 33
im ordering a new /refurbished kicker amp,i originally decided on the 400.1 since i only have 1 sub.but if i upgrade in the future i may need more power.like the kx600.1.can i run that big of an amp on my stock elec. system.kicker says the true rms is about 450 on the 400.1 and 700-750 on the 600.1 and the 600 requires an 80 amp fuse.sounds like abit much for the alt. to me but ive had conflicting opinions.any help please/

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 2207
what size is the stock alt?? you can usually run a 500 watt amp off a stock alt and be ok. also, you won't ever pull the full amperage listening to music.

i say, hook it up and see how it goes. never really know till you try.

Bronze Member
Username: Johammbass

Cork, Cork Ireland

Post Number: 99
Running any other amps besides that one?
If not, you should be just fine.

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 777
ya if your just doin the one 600.1 amp you should be fine and if you happen to notice your lights dimming badly then it's time to consider upgrading the battery getting a cap and or a HO alt.

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 227
well i run a memphis 1100d on a stock alternator and my car only shuts off every once in a while so i think youll be fine

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 305
i run a kx600.1 and a kx350.4 off my stock 2000 cavalier alt and get minor dimming at high volume. You should be fine.

Bronze Member
Username: 30hrtz

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 34
thanks guys,they didnt let me change my order in time.the 400.1has already shipped out,be here on the 25th.it should be fine as long as i stik with 1 10 in solo L5.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us