Best 15" Subs For Hifonics Amp...

Bronze Member
Username: Mtite_dabeast

Post Number: 36
I just finished paying for a BXi2006D... Itz 2000(really 1950) watts rms @ 1ohm... I think i need 2 4ohm DVC 15" subs, but whats the best route?

My price range is less than $300 for the pair, but i can spend $500, maybe $600 on the pair.

Also, im looking for something i can go to a local audio store and just purchase or maybe order, please no special subz that i cant find on the net.

If u have a pair for sale, i can send u a money order.

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 609
what's you going for sq, spl?

i think i read the aa presale for the arsenals is going on until monday, so you could get 2 15" arsenals for about $460 shipped.

http://ascendantaudio.com/index.html

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1040
My price range is less than $300 for the pair, but i can spend $500, maybe $600 on the pair.

...can you spend 300 or 600?

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 787
Get some of these

http://www.audioque.com/aq/HDSeries.htm

Silver Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 806
hey bro im gettin a deal cuz im gonna start a team and atomic speakers are gonna sell the speakers directly to me for my team and they will affer me the 15 inch atomic apx for 390 plus shippin it will handle 25000 watts at bursts check realofexcursion if ur interested, then write back if u want me to hook you up anyone that is interested too just say something

Silver Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 807
trsutme bro all the people that know spl they will know that the atomic apx will kill a pair of some ascendants and audiques

Silver Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 788
who cares about a sub thats just SPL or subs what can take 2500rms. Its a waste but good luck on your team.

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 919
Take this advice;

Alsways start with your sub. Then configure how you are going to wire it. Last, you get an amp that is capable of carrying the load you have, and can produce "real" power 10-15% above the subs handling. This is called headroom.

If you get the amp first, and then try to match a sub to it, you will end up with a not so pleasing result.

Why?

Because more than likely, you will overstress the amp, or the sub will be under or over powered. In any case, it will not sound or fit right.

So, if I were you. I would put that amp aside, and look for the sub that I like. Then post here at ecoustics, to find out what amp would best suit your application. If by a slim chance, your "BXi2006D" will fit, then you lucked out.

But,

If you need adifferent amp, them I would just sell that one and get the right amp.

YOU WILL NEVER BE SATISFIED IF YOU GO THE OTHER WAY !!!!!!!!!!!!

TRUST ME.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us