To get you thinkin

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 242
scientists have came up with two types of energy kinetic and potential, for example kinetic is when you are on a swing moving (kinetic) BUT potential energy is a rock on top of a clifs edge. because it has the POTENTIAL to fall off it has this potential energy. now my thoughts are since scientits have to always be right, they just thouhgt of this "potential" energy because someone before them said energy can not be created or destroyed. i think this is BS because the dest my computer has the "potential" to break there for it has "potential energy". Scientists think that everything has potential energy because everything can be moved. this is just an excuse because they don't want to be wrong because someone said energy can not be created or destroyed

Silver Member
Username: Seth_walker

U.S.A.

Post Number: 128
Dude, read any HS physics book.

Silver Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Pheonix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 244
no sh!t thats where i got it from. scientits make up sh!t so they can't be wrong

Silver Member
Username: Seth_walker

U.S.A.

Post Number: 130
Okay man. say your comp is held 1 meter off the ground . say it weighs 10 kg. at that point it would have 98.1 newtons of potential energy, in respect to the ground. think of potential energy as stored energy, like a capacitor can have a certain amount of stored electrical energy.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2992
i think alot of scientists are dumbasses.... but alot do very very good things. but the big bang theory.... stupid.

Gold Member
Username: Goatin

Ohio U.S.A

Post Number: 1099
Potential energy is just that potential... just a loop in the chain.
Energy does not disapate it changes form IE the potential energy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us