What db and comparing.

Silver Member
Username: Rustysurfer916

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 183
ok if i had 2 12 inch JL W6's and a JL 1000/1 what db would i hit around probably and how much louder will it be than the JL 1000/1 and a W7

Bronze Member
Username: Timothy_314

Post Number: 94
hmm...depends on what type of box and stuff no one can tell how meny DB a system is gonna hit befor its in :\

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 184
in a box built by a JL dealer. perfect size. dont know if i want ported or sealed though. what are the major differences

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
hmm...i don't know much about car audio but i read alot of thes i think sealed is more for SQ ported is more for SPL but you can have a ported that as good as sealed with the SQ

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 186
i know the big difference between the 2 as in sealed is SQ and ported is SPL. but what im lookin for is whats the difference in the sound quality between that you will notice. liek will the sealed box hit lower notes? and is the bass that much cleaner?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
hmm...im not sure about that :-\ i know a ported can hit just as low as sealed but i don't know about the cleaner bass :-\

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 892
a ported box will hit lower notes louder as long as it is tuned low

Silver Member

Oviedo, FL

Post Number: 194
well theres no way im building a ported box myself cuz i know ill fu.ck it up lol. ill get a JL dealer to do it for me. oh yeah and just wondering could i fit 2 W6's in the back of a honda S2000? would i have to get a fiberglass box?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us