New subs Audiobahn?

Bronze Member
Username: Timothy_314

Post Number: 23
ok im thinkin about new subs i got a kicker L7 in a 3.0 c.f. tuned to 40 Hz it hits hard for one sub but i want more i was thinkin about http://www.cardomain.com/item/ABNAW1200Q
2 of them or more if i can get a nother amp :-) what box do you think i should go wit i really don't fell like makin another one :-( ive made 2 boxes in the last 2 months

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
oh yeah and im not big into SQ i like SPL!! :-)

Gold Member
Username: Pelona

Perris, California USA

Post Number: 1446
dont get audiobahn

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
i want some thing that will make me not be able to see or talk its soo loud :-) and my head BLOW UP lol

Silver Member
Username: Shman

Grandville, Michigan United States

Post Number: 229
shocker neo-sig.......hehehehe LOL....it WILL get the job done

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
lol what will get the job done?

Bronze Member
Username: Livin_loud

Ny

Post Number: 68
The Shocker Neo-Sig subwoofer, but you're not getting one of those anytime soon...

Bronze Member
Username: Yayo

Post Number: 46
2 Audiobahn 12" or 15" Emmortals!!!

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1093
DONT GET AUTIOBAHN SUBS! what ur budget?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
cheap why not audiogahn? i want GOOD SPL!!! every audio bahn ive heard got really good SPL just they only play one note (-_-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
well if i sell my 12" L7 and with its box 3.0 c.f. tuned to 40 hz then how ever much i get from that will be my budget :-(

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 733
go to www.partsexpress.com and look at the dayton audio DVC series 15" or the MKIII 15". The DVC is only 125 and the MKIII is around 180. They might not look that pretty(to me they do) but they will pound and are a great value. If you want something that will make your head explode look into - APXX, 9917, Neo Sig, SSX/CSX. And get around 5000 watts.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 1103
{audiobahn wont last u long and i bet that l7 would be louder and sound better than those 2 audiobahns} get some comp vrs or some re sx's if you want loud, depending on ur budget

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2179
keep the l7 .. save for another ... build a nice box .. maybe a new amp .. start bumpin

Silver Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 147
the audiobahn will last about 2 days once opened, they must be on a timer to explode after 48hours, they suck, balls, big ones. yes they play alright. i have a friend thats been overpowering two L5's for about 3 months at least and theyre fine

Silver Member
Username: Astrosafari

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 379
i like the frame of the audiobahns, with the flames and the chrome, why dont they use that on other subs? it looks good.

Bronze Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 83
It's just added cost...
Audiobahn subs are fine in my experience, I've seen a couple, and they sound great... Not much SQ to them at all though.
But still, there is better for the same price like the ones already mentioned

Silver Member
Username: Zepcoe

TN Us

Post Number: 295
dude i have had no problem with my audiobahn subs iv had mine for 2 years and havent had a problem. Your just hattin.

Silver Member
Username: Zepcoe

TN Us

Post Number: 296
hey dude if you like audiobahn get audiobahn its a preference thing.

Gold Member
Username: Goatin

Ohio U.S.A

Post Number: 1048
Imortals get loud.

I dont really care for audiobahn or most kicker subs.

If you get 2 Imortals I think you would be happy but I would prefer the L7.
Have you considered a 15" CVX or 2?
^^L7 SPL with round cone reliability^^

Silver Member
Username: Swisher

Marianna, FL

Post Number: 117
audiobahn spends more time on cosmetics than the build of the actual sub... they look great but dont sound great

Bronze Member
Username: Genocyde21

Post Number: 27
There was someone on this site that had an ENTIRE audiobahn system. He would comp with it and hit 150dbs. Yes with audiobahn. He has two 15s if i recall well. And he spent ALOT less money than other people with a system that hits as hard as his... It's your decision.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
so this sub has REALL GOOD SPL? like audio bahn?
http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-05-KICKER-CVR15-COMP-VR-15-SUB-2-ohm-1000-W_W0QQit emZ9727079408QQcategoryZ58035QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bronze Member
Username: Paps

Yuma, AZ

Post Number: 77
Yea, ive heard the CVRs have great good SPL, but if you can afford to spend an extra $100 id upgrade to a CVX. People say they get as loud as a L7 but sound much nicer. I got my 2 10" CVX a couple weeks ago, just waiting for my amp to arrive then ill have em installed. But if your budget is around the price of that audiobahn or cvr, id definitely choose the kicker cvr, my friend has a 12" in his ranger and it gets pretty loud, a 15" would be even nicer.

Bronze Member

Yuma, AZ

Post Number: 78
but if you REALLY want to BLOW the compitition away id get some of these badboys right hurr...

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-PAIR-10-1000-WATT-RED-SUBWOOFER-SQUARE-CAR-WOOFER_W0QQit emZ250000271230QQcategoryZ3291QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

They are square shaped, and we all know how hard those kicker L7s hit, so no doubt these subs will blow your eardrums away. they cost $33 a PAIR, thats right, not one but TWO subs and they are rated at 1000watts!! You could order 3 pairs (6 subs) for around $100, only $20 more than you would pay for ONE audiobahn subwoofer!! Just go down to walmart and pick up 3 2000watt Xplod amps. With this setup, you should have 6000watts of the meanest, deadliest, earth shaking and record breaking audio system in the world!!!1!11!1!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
hmmm..some things wong wit them subs 1000W RMS/500W Peak lmao :D

Bronze Member

Yuma, AZ

Post Number: 79
yea thats because 500watts are its max rating. anything over that (i.e. 550, 600, 650, 700 etc...) will make the subs blow. But thanks to the marvels of todays technology and magic, you can play them at 1000watts rms! just make sure its either under 500w or exactly 1000w. if you give em anywhere between 501-999 or +1001 watts they will blow. :-(

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1486
I'd say go with the CVX as well. Get 2 of them and your banging :-).........Also, what kind of amp do you have and do you have the electricial upgrades?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us