Please Help Fast!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Serius

Miami, FL USA

Post Number: 82
ok i installed evrything today and it worked fine. all of a sudden on my home the amp shuts off.i pull over to check and it truned on then off agian...i check fuses etc. and nothing what could be the problem. amp isnt hot so i dont know whats wrong. this was like 10min ago.

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 811
what subs and amp do you have? and what is the voice coil configuration? have you checked your ground?

Silver Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 346
try lookin at the fuse for the radio or try checkin the ground connection.

Bronze Member

Miami, FL USA

Post Number: 84
i have 2 RE 15 SE's wired to 1ohm on a RE12.1. this might be stupid but wut i do to check the ground?

Bronze Member

Miami, FL USA

Post Number: 85
oh and another question my HU is bass -6 the subs dont hit and when i turn the bass up they hit hard but my mids sound like crap. what do i have to do to have the HU negative but still hit hard i checked my connections and there are fine

Silver Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 684
oh my home theater receiver has some kind of mechanism that if u put on the set up menu that teh speaker is small at certain volume it will set into protect mode and it will check the impedence so check the impedanceof your speakers and yopur set up menu

Bronze Member

Miami, FL USA

Post Number: 86
this has nothing to do with my home. the speakers are wired fine in the car

Silver Member

Post Number: 347
try messin with the gain.....turn volume 3/4 up turn bass down turn gain down and then turn it up slowly till it distorts then turn it back till it stops distorting.....jut in case u didnt no.....make sure u have a good ground...try scratching the paint from around the ground unitil u see mmetal tht will be a good ground connection...just wondering did u check ur fuse boxes or only the ones on the amps and wires????

Bronze Member

Miami, FL USA

Post Number: 87
the ground is bolted onto the car behind the back seat. no i didnt check the fuses on the car but the radio works fine

Bronze Member

Miami, FL USA

Post Number: 88
Upload not my car but this was from a DIY same car but different year. the only thing i screwed mine to the black brackit on the back of this pic becuase mine didnt have what he had

Silver Member

Post Number: 349
does ur amp have a protection light???does it light up wen the amp is on or the amp doesnt turn on period????

Bronze Member

Miami, FL USA

Post Number: 89
the protection light truned on the off. now it will turn on normal then off quickly

Silver Member

Post Number: 350
is ur ohm load to low is the amp possibly not stable at ur ohm load?????wut is ur ohm load.....wut is the lowest ohms ur amp can take????

Bronze Member

Miami, FL USA

Post Number: 90
its wired to 1ohm and yes the RE12.1 is 1ohm stable

Silver Member

Post Number: 351
hmmmmmmmm...i see were in a pickle...maybe ur power wire is to small wut gage are u using????could ur battery be dead??

Silver Member
Username: Shawnomak

Sask Canada

Post Number: 244
My amp did the same thing once -> protect light flashing. It was my speaker wire shorting out because i accidentally screwed my amp over top of them and it sliced the wire. Re-wired it and the protect light didnt come on and everything was fine. Check for a short anywhere possible. Maybe as you were driving something fell on the wire.

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 686
oh my bad i though it was on your home theater receiver.

yea try to scrathc the paint if stil doesnt workl try diferent ground and if still doesnt workin try to put a relay if your usin more than one amp,if not maybe your voice coil configuration or theres a short circuit between the speaker or power conections if still turn all the settin down and try to set it slowly.
if still doesnt work u maybe havin some problems wit your amp

Silver Member

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 687
maybe a small fiber from your cable is makin some short circuit, check the remote between your amp and hu if still try to use the remote with the 12 volt connection and see if witou the headunit remote will work

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 814
i know what your talking about for your mids... i had that problem too. are you speakers powered by another amp?

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 1751
how long is your ground, if it's over 18inchs, make it shorter, i read on another forum of a guy who had simialer problems, and come to find out his ground was too long.

Bronze Member

Miami, FL USA

Post Number: 91
ok i fixed it and evrything works i just re wired the ground. the bass problem still dont work so i did the vloume 3/4 i put the bass -6 and i started to trun the gain up and nothing i even got to max and still no hard bass. the mids are stock. also there is a popping noise sometimes but i havnt figured if its the subs or the mids

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston, MA

Post Number: 256
Try moving to ground. Seat brackets are not the best place for ground. 1 its painted. Did you remove the paint? 2 some use Isolaters to lessen vibrations. to improve ride quality. Did you put a meter to em. DMM can find probs easier than just quessing.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us