What the Arsenal is all about.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL

Post Number: 3273
This is from AA's website about the Arsenal Subwoofer...which succeeded the Avalanche Subwoofer.

quote:

The Arsenal subwoofer is here. The design philosophy was simple: Improve upon our already high-performance subwoofers in every way and make a better product for less money. We looked at the now legendary Atlas and Avalanche subwoofers and set a course for even higher ground. We took the best of both worlds and improved upon them until they were better in nearly every way.

The Arsenal subwoofer was created after months of testing, measuring, and listening. Rather than only aiming for a given set of specs, we started from scratch. Different motor topologies, voice coils, spiders, cones and surrounds were actually auditioned, not simulated. We tried different materials and sizes for each and every part, and every time something was changed it was also measured. The measurements quickly showed what improved performance and what did not. We only moved forward when there was an improvement.

We opted for a large cone and matching surround rather than an enormous surround and a smaller cone. Large surrounds look impressive, but they make the effective cone area smaller and lower overall efficiency. They also require more excursion for the same output as a subwoofer with a larger cone area. A larger cone requires less excursion for the same output. And as the measurements showed, the less the cone moves for a given output level the lower the distortion. The chosen cone is a very high quality paper-pulp cone with Kevlar fibers running through it.

When you look at the motor, you should notice a couple of things. The motor actually has more magnet volume than the Avalanche. However, it only needs a fraction as much steel to properly focus its motor strength to the voice coil. Internally, the motor features an incredibly effective aluminum shorting ring. The shorting ring keeps inductance well under control and allows the Arsenal to achieve a very flat frequency response. A 2.5 inch aluminum voice coil is used to power the cone. While the voice coil is slightly smaller in diameter than the Avalanche, it is actually nearly twice as long. This results in excellent thermal power handling.

So what does this all mean? The Arsenal plays louder than the Avalanche with less power, and does so with lower distortion and a flatter more extended frequency response. Unlike many large subwoofers, there is no roll-off on the high end that can lead to a boomy sound that lacks impact. The Arsenal combines massive low frequency abilities with the high end of an SQ subwoofer. The resultant sound is a powerful low end with a top end that absolutely slams.

so now all the ppl who don't know much about them will have an idea of what they are all about. :-)

Ascendant Audio

i suggest you bookmark this page for your records. lol

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7766
nice ! ....

Silver Member
Username: Shman

Grandville, Michigan United States

Post Number: 149
you got any idea when theyre gonna ship them??? ive heard a couple people say tomorrow for the pre orders but their site still says 3-4wks. (i ordered a 12 arsenal on april 20th) the wait is UN F-ing Bearable....LOL

Gold Member

Ocala, FL

Post Number: 3275
they have not changed the time on their site since they posted it i believe.

so it should be soon.
Mo, who ordered his from there just got charged for them, so they will be shipping his out shortly i think. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 800
be patient young grasshopper Upload

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 496
i got charged for mine on apr. 21st, and i was told whoever orders arsenals will either get a phone call or email from aa when your product ships.

Silver Member

Post Number: 151
"be patient young grasshopper "....its soooo hard to be patient when i dont even know when ill get it... it seriously hurt when he said " ok, ill send the invoice and it will be about 3 or 4 weeks until we are ready to ship it out"......LOL its all good tho

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California USA

Post Number: 801
i ordered mine when they had the first pre-sale and they didnt call or email me when it was shipped. they just told me in about 2 weeks they will ship and then in about 2 weeks walla!

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7767
Muddy - hey my ISP just got messed up while i was on AIM with u , damn stupid dial up !.......

Gold Member

Ocala, FL

Post Number: 3277
its cool.:-O
i am back on now. i had to go anyway. lol

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3683
It should be another week before they ship it out.

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 124
I ordered my arsenal Monday and he said in about two weeks.

Bronze Member
Username: Bretzy1990

Springfield, Il U.S.

Post Number: 21
yeah same here i orded my 2 arsenals tuesday and they said 2 - 3 weeks also

Silver Member

Post Number: 163
the way my luck goes, youll all probably get yours before me....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us