Pioneer DEH-5800MP mp3 playback problems

Username: Mopardmc

Post Number: 1
Just got this unit installed from Circuit City. Two to three times a song it will jump over parts of the song in playback. The mp3s are VBR encoded at an average of 160kbps and the same mp3s on the same CD-R will play just fine on a several other players.

It skips even when the car is parked, so I don't think it's a buffering or mechanical issue, it seems like the software or computer is just buggy or limited on resources. It seems to happen sometimes on constant-rate encoded files, too.

I plan to take it back and get a different unit. Just wanted to warn people since this is a newer model and see if anyone has had similar issues with Pioneers.

Very disappointing.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2981
They made thousands of those units...I doubt they all have the same problem. The only time I've experienced playback problems with a Pioneer was due to worn parts in the mechanism (and the unit was eight years old). Perfectly acceptable.

I understand your frustration however, but the new unit should work. Keep in mind VBR mp3's don't like to play on some mp3 players...

Username: Luisdelbronx

Post Number: 8
the only time i had that problem with my unit (5800 also) was when the cd was low quality and had trouble in other players too. try a better cd.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us