Hooking up a subwoofer to a wall.

Silver Member
Username: Rmzracer

Bentonville, Arkansas USA

Post Number: 127
Well my friend has 2 jensen 10's that are horrible and he just got a new system and i want to hook them up to the wall. How would i go about this without blowing myself or the house up?

Bronze Member
Username: Livin_loud

Ny

Post Number: 13
You mean the wall socket, right?

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Offutt AFB, Nebraska U.S.A.

Post Number: 473
i thiink thats what he ment... but ive never done it before.... kinda have nowhere to do it.... "dorms"

Bronze Member

Ny

Post Number: 17
Hmm. Well I don't know how safe it was (which is why I was holding the camera) but me and a friend just used speaker wire from the sub to the socket with one strand in each slot. Only thing that happened was the lights dimmed, but his house is still in tact

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 616
run some speaker wire just like how you would from your amp. the + and - dont really matter which way they are hooked up.

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 712
to control it use a surge protector.....so u can sorta stand back an cut it off...and the surge protector will help with the well Surge...LMAO....whut freqeuncy does AC current switch..so would that b like playing a 60hz tone....I think 60hz is the Cycle for 110AC

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston, MA

Post Number: 216
Correct killer

Bronze Member
Username: Gravytrain

Canton, Michigan USA

Post Number: 28
the easy way is to take an old extension cord (2 prong, hot and neutral, no ground) and cut it to a decent length. connect the neutral wire to the positive terminal and the hot wire to the negative terminal (or the other way around...all it does is invert the sine wave). plug in and stand back!!!

i did this with an old set of polk gnx 10's and i was able to shoot flames out of the basket...LMAO...120VAC at 60Hz free-air is pretty impressive for all of the 5 seconds that it lasted and thats being generous!!!

if you really want to have some fun you can do the same thing but mounth the sub in a box (a bandpass will not work, either sealed or ported). since the power is flowing through the voice coil(s) you will need to mount the sub inverted (magnet out) and if the box is ported be ready to hear one h3ll of a loud 60Hz note for as long as the sub lives!!!

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 900
This is stupid.

If someone asked how to steal a car stereo, would anyone actually reply with forward advice?

Disappointed...

Bronze Member

Ny

Post Number: 26
I agree that its dangerous and all but its not illegal. It would be a different story then
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us