System Progress

Gold Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1908
hey, just wanted to post some pics of how things are comming along. i got to finish up the top piece of the box that covers the open areas beside the box. wrap that and the amp rack piece in the vynal. run some wires and i should have sound!! getting my Alt back soon, it shipped out Wednesday. it died, Dom said it was a bad rotor, not something that typically happens though.

Pics of box as it is now, nothings mounted or covered yet. various angles.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2589
check and replace ur battery, if ur alternator died from a bad rotor!!! u may have a bad batt cell!!
Looks sweet so far, damn that thing looks good... :-)

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3864
nice brandon. looks sweet.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1909
battery is fine, i was worried it'd of gotten damaged too. i drove home like 15 miles or so on 9V, haha.

i just got back from eating lunch, so i'm heading out there to hopefully finish it up.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1914
got amp rack done, covered and everything mounted. everythings hooked up and i FINALLY have sound :-) and its great.

can't run the sub on the stock alt, turns everything into strobes, haha. but the midbass on the Rainbows is amazing. haven't really pushed them and haven't done a lot of tuneing, but they sound great!! suppose to break in for 10 hours according to the site/manual... i'll do some tuneing once everythings going. i hope to get the alternator soon. its dark, so i'll take pics tomorrow and post them.

HU looks great too. white and black OEL screen is bright and very clean looking. easy to read too. knobs on the sides are lit up in blue (or white) and look nice next to the whire screen. got several animations, but i'm not a big fan of that stuff, i have it set on the Graphic EQ as the background/screen saver deal, looks cool. also has a Volt Meter, which is neat. still figureing out the thing though.

thats the update for the day. :-)

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1915
ok, well everythings done. still got some finishing work to do. clean, get some wireing from the rear deck out of the way, need to shim the right side of the back panels and paint the screw heads....

its dark, again, so i can't get a decient pic of the stuff from the trunk view, but heres one of the amp rack covered and with everything mounted.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2692
looks great! well done!

Silver Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 970
so clean

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1922
Thanks guys. after i glue down the vynal around the sub gasket and swap out the plain screws holding down the back panels with some nice chrome finish screws with washers, i'll take a pic from the back. i can't wait to get my Alt back and hear that Treo SSI 15.

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Michigan

Post Number: 475
wow...

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 879
Man thats one hell of a setup man you should be proud.

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1354
looks sweet man...........great job! :-)

Bronze Member
Username: _jay_

Post Number: 72
very very clean, wish mine was that clean rofl..

Silver Member
Username: Alexv305

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 158
That install is so good. Great install...EXCELLENT job.

Bronze Member
Username: Krazyj

USA

Post Number: 44
thats a nice install, is your blue by any chance?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3902
nice brandon. that is one of the cleanest looking setup i've seen. good job.

hey if i drive out to where you are at, can you do my car?

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 1640
beautiful install brandon looks wicked clean i wish i could be half as neat as you lol

^^^^^^but chad you should be awesome at installing cause you do it every other week jk

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1358
^^LOL!

Username: Budling

Cali USofA

Post Number: 1
Nice!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Post Number: 58
Be careful where and to who you show it off to. Things like that seem to disapear while you aren't with the car. Mine did!

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1928
hey again, thanks for all the comments. i haven't gotten around to doing some of the finishing touches, but heres a couple pics of the back. the edges of vynal around the sub aren't glued down. also, the 4 screws you see in the pics will be replaced with chrome finish screws/washers as soon as i get a change to go by Home Deopt. wish i could get ahold of a couple logos to put on that back panel on the sides of the sub. i was gonna do somehting with the stickers that came with everything and put them on some brushed alunimum, but they are too small so it doesn't look right.

i go the long way to places not just to listen to the Rainbows longer, lol. they are the best sounding speakers i have ever heard!! and i haven't even done any tweaking at all either!!

Krazyj - what do you mean??

Chad - with gas prices, i don't think it'd be worth it to drive cross country, haha.

Andrew - yeah, i know all about that. everythings secure and i don't show it off but to certain people.

Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1929
*thoes rings on the vynal aren't there, they are reflection from the magnet from the flash.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3903
haha brandon. you are right about the stupid gas prices. lol. also take a pic of your ranibows. i want to see how you did the kick panel.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 2259
i would do anything if u was to install my system like that lol...WOW i love it

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 902
I dont like this thread it really makes my setup look like shiz.

Very nice brandon.
Do you have any pre install pics?

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1932
Pics of the Rainbows installed. we just made a simple trim ring out of ABS to go around the tweeters to fill the gap. the mids fit fine. i stuffed the kick panels with polyfill too.

i'll have to search the comp and camera for pics of my old setup. don't think i have them anymore. had to wipe out my harddrive a little while ago, Gateway SUCKS!! don't get one, ever!!

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3904
nice. i have 5" focal midrange on its way. i will be installing that in the kick panel and i just wanted to see how you did yours. clean job. i will be running my comps off a audio control 6sx crossover.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1948
i don't know much about Audiocontrol's stuff. i'm using all the HU's crossovers. amp crossovers are off.

i really like these kicks as compared to the first set i had. these are set back further and take up less space, but still enough air space for the speakers to play fine. i stuffed them with poly fill too to get more.

i'm suppose to be getting my alternator back tomorrow, woo hoo!! so i'll be able to hear that Treo soon. once i get everything running and tuned, i'm gonna swing by hifi buys and let a friend up there hear and see what i've been working on. hes working on some new stuff too. haven' tbeen up there in like a month, but he was talking about Focal K2's, 4 8W7's, Audison amps. wonder how the set ups will compare, lol.

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 988
very impressive setup brandon.

im only making these comments because you know what your doing, and in now way am i taking away from your installation skills...only tossing out some ideas.

i think the vinyl needs something else because it looks plain in my opinion. maybe some type of treo cut out or the treo logo..just a little something to make it look more custom.

the amp rack looks great, very clean. nice work.

did you try and make it one single piece of vinyl before making two seperate things? for my new box i want it all to be out of one piece so im wondering how hard it is to shape it.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2728
jake does have a point. although it is a very very well done install. you could use some foam board, cut out the treo logo, then glue that to the board, then glue the vinal over it and press down while heaitn git so it strenches around the logo and dries into place. dont slack on cuttin the shapes though, they will show through the vinal very well. that is, if your going to try to ad some "bam!" to it :-)

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1949
the amp rack is covered in 1 piece and is made from 1 piece of MDF. pieces on the back, covering the open areas on the sides of the box had to be 2 pieces. wouldn't fit in as one. not really sure what your asking there??

do know that i haven't glued down the vynal around the sub yet so it'll look better once thats done.

i want to get ahold of a Treo, Pioneer, Rainbow and Zapco logo and put 2 on each side of the sub. i'm gonna look into that. want something to fill that area because i do agree, that area needs something.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1950
i don't really care much for the embossed type logos that your talking about. i'd rather do something out of brushed alunimum and attach it on top.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2731
well i would too but i dont have one fo those things that shoots out water at mach2 cutting metal so smoothly lol.

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1951
haha, CNC machine. i can get access to one. i'll have to draw out some plans and see what i can come up with. that'd be nice.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7628
that suggestion about logos - i say a big YUCK !!!

man i hate logos on ANYTHING , y tf must i advertise a @#$!ing product , u might as well stick a big nike sticker on ur forehead & walk about with it proudly .
Its like some of these dumb@ss kids & their brand names clothing/outfits nowadays .

Man ur set up looks super neat/clean - i say keep that way .....

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1952
Rovin, i'm not talking about putting stickers and crap on my car. that just looks tacky and screams steal me!, steal me! like all thoes little nopi cars. i'm not a big brand person, but in car audio, theres a huge difference from one brand to another, in some things anyway.

i do think it needs something and i actually mentioned it before it was suggested. but i'll prob never get around to it, lol.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2688
Honda Accord? :-)
The installations looks good man, but I lean a little to Jake Papas side with the plain-ness. I would have two-toned it with black vinyl around the sub part, or some kinda theme... looks very good, and its gonna sound excellent!! good selection man! Ohh and its ok to have stickers in the trunk! :-)

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1966
yeah, Honda accord. 92 sedan
thats not a bad idea. make up an oval shaped panel or something to go on the top around the sub to add a little detail. i definally wanna do something with that back panel on the sides of the sub.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 7635
ya i too HATE when ppl plaster about 25 brands in a line on their front doors alone & all over the car's body like its a nascar ride , u cannot even pay me 2 do crap like that .

i do agree with those guys above - i like the plain blue but a lil abstract design on it would make it a lil more stylish ....

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1967
roughly done on paint. what do you think of smething like this?? id't be really easy to do.
Upload

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2744
are you nuts those rough edges look like h3ll!

sorry im messin with ya, the hunger gets to me..

thatd look awesome.

Silver Member
Username: Extremesound1

Coventry, RI United states

Post Number: 157
does that ssi hit hard,,i can imagine that thing pounds to sound quality of course lol

and spl, see what u hit in spl

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1978
haha Trevor, thats drawn on there with my crappy artistic skills on the computer using Paint. not actually on there. i think it'd look nice though. add that little something that rear part needs.

i don't have the sub powered up yet Roland. i just got the alternator back today, gonna put it in tomorrow (wednesday, so technically today, its 1:45am lol). hope to hear it then, lol.

Bronze Member
Username: Johnfiac

Il USA

Post Number: 48
You wanna come and intstall my $hit now....... I got estimates that it was gunna cost me 3000$ on doing everything i plan...OUCH

Gold Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1131
would look pretty cool.. what did you have in mind.. raised panel wrapped in vinyl?

Bronze Member

Il USA

Post Number: 49
Its a lil somthing me and a few friends were talkinug about, i got a 99 blazer and right behind the back seat i want to put a plexiglass wall up, its going to be clear(of course) but its going to have 2 12'' Sq subs mounted into it, along with 6x9's and tweeters(all high enough to be right behind sumones head so they are fully visible from the front seat. I need to completely seal the rear. Along with that i need to build custom boxes for my SPL subs that will be in the rear with my amps and such. I also need to do the raise door paneling for the front speakers. Next month i will know for sure what is going on with this... I need to replace a few pieces of equiptment to find my bug in the system. Then go buy the SQ subs, or new SPL ones also depending on how it goes... It would sound sweet with it enclosed like that with 5000-15000 watts right?

Gold Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1137
5000 - 15000 watts... soooo. u wanna run 2 sq subs in a plexi wall and 2 spl subs in the back?
are you serious?

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Post Number: 663
kicka.ss

Bronze Member

Il USA

Post Number: 50
Hell ya, Im trying to get it good right now (sound wise) once thats done i wanna make it look sweet and sound better from better sealage and angles, then eventually get into some competitions, im just waiting until the 1st of next month to find out how big my raise is going to be to tell me how much better the $hit i get it going to be....

Gold Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1142
well mixing spl subs and sq subs will sound like shite now matter what you do.. and be prepared to burn 1 check on the sheet of plexi that u will have to buy for a plexi wall.. your gonna be paying $600 + for a sheet of 3/4" lexan

Bronze Member

Il USA

Post Number: 51
Nah, thats only half a check.... I kno its gunna be expensive, has to be thick to support the weight. You are the first person that told me it would sound like $hit if i mix them, i dunno but like i said im gunna see how it all sounds when it is all good before i make it customly installed....

Gold Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 1982
i'll be the second. you can't mix up subs. sizes, brands, enclosure types...ect...whatever else you can some up with.

and whats gonna take that much wattage?? thats the kinda power SPL competitors send to their subs in walls for split seconds.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us