Bronze Member
Username: Pike110

Post Number: 20
Are the Eclipse sub line any good. sq?

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2762
yes, eclipse is very good for SQ/SQL/SPL the aluminums are SQ subs (top line ALs are SQL) the titaniums are SQL subs and the titanium pro is an all out SPL sub. i prolly would get the low low end subs at circuit city though. try for atleast the 7300 sereis or the new 8000 or 8100 series? aluminums. that or get the Ti's great subs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Thanks for the info. how do they compare with the rockford t1 12's? I am down to those two. The 2 eclipse 12's are svc does that make a huge difference over dvc?

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2765
SVC just means it has one voice coil. just geth them to match your amplifier. if your amp is 1 ohm stable get 2 SVC 2 ohm subs. if its 2 ohm stable then get 2 4 ohm SVC subs. and if its 4 ohm stable get 2 4 ohm SVC subs... that is... if your getting 2 subs anyways... is this the sub your talking about? http://www.eclipse-web.com/sw8000/sw8200.html .. if so then I'd get the eclipses

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
yeah, those are the ones. I am just looking for clean sounding. I listen to rock ie.. korn, linkin park, tool. I had some rockford 12" p3's and I thought they just sounded like noise. Should I port the eclipes or put them in a sealed enclosure?

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2766
sealed. portde will just get you some more spl and posible be able to drop lower depending on the output. however sealed will be good for your application.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Cool. Thank you very much.

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Weddington, Nc Usa

Post Number: 664
And mess around with the position of the subs in your trunk. Can make a big difference in how they sound.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2771
^^ true
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us