What head unit preamp???

Bronze Member
Username: Sgerard

Post Number: 20
I have an audiobahn a8000t amp. 800rms watts and 2 12" subs. Im wondering what preamp volts of a head unit i should get to get good output from my amp. Is 4 pretty good, or should i go higher like 5 or 6.5!!?

Silver Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 389
the higher the better.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
duh

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 392
just trying to give you some advice by answering your question, don't want none don't ask questions you seem to know the answer to already.

you can go with 4 and be perfectly happy, thats just about the norm for preamp volts. most premier have about 5-6.5volts, and eclipse run up to 7 or 8 i think. either way you go you'll be good, just depends what hu you want.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
ok thank you

Silver Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 335
Dont know much bout HU's but i need 1 what about the Pioneer DEh 1700 or 1800? Like 2.3 volts or sumthing.

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 394
it'll work just remember to set your amps input to the same as the hu's output.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 336
2.2 volt my bad. Would it be ok to get a deck that puts out 2.2 volts for the preout voltage? Thanx.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 337
Just read ur post now ctmike, what do you mean by that? How do i set it? On my gain? What if the gain has no #'s on it? Thanx man....

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 338
Why do those lineout converters suck behind the factory deck? Or what ever their called. About how much voltage does it put out? Thanx.

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 395
on your amp if their aint numbers it should at least have a range. like right now i'm running 2 pg 400.1 and they don't have every number on it just a range from something like -2 to 8 so i just slowly turned it up to where it would match my prevolt outputs. you'll probably be able to tell because you'll hear the difference as you tune it.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 339
Kool thanx ur a big help man just 1 more question plez, if i buy that pioneer deck what else would i have to buy to connect it and stuff besides the part where my factory deck is huge and i need to put a frame that fits? Thanx....

Do you think the deck comes with wires too? Do i need to buy any wires?

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 340
ctmike i just found a panasonic deck that has subwoofer/rear/front pre-amp outputs and puts out 2.5 volts (rear). Should i get this deck instead? Thanx man.......!!!!!!!

Silver Member

Ct.

Post Number: 396
other than the indash kit you should only have to buy a wiring harness kit, which shouldn't run you more than about $15.

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 343
Panasonic deck?

"ctmike i just found a panasonic deck that has subwoofer/rear/front pre-amp outputs and puts out 2.5 volts (rear). Should i get this deck instead? Thanx man.......!!!!!!!"

Silver Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 564
panasonic is kind of cool , but their HU are not reliables, go with premier if you can

Silver Member

NM

Post Number: 351
Cant. I can either go with a panasonic, a pioneer deh 1700 or a pioneer deh 1800......

Bronze Member
Username: L_stay_fly

Morgan city, LA U.S.

Post Number: 33
i have the Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP Preout Voltage & Impedance Hi-Volt (6.5V), 100 ohms...love this deck....built in eq...nice
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us