Enclosure idea! would appreciate your input thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2726
okay i just thought up this idea (i dont know if its been tried before) to have a different type of port that actually goes all the way around the sub. for example...
Upload
no unless the port is extremely long, i mean extremely long, the tune will be very high, but if spl is what its going for then thats okay. but i have no idea how it would come out. do you guys understand?

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 197
I see what your trying to do. I'm guessing as long as you dont need an extremely long port it should work. bending that port would b a B!tch. Crazy idea tho, i think you should try it and let us know. Better use a stong brace to hold the baffle.

Silver Member
Username: Goatin

U.S.A

Post Number: 907
I think you will need a lot more bracing that looks like it will come apart neat idea though but your slot will be less than 1" all the way around.

Gold Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 1122
going all the way around would make it too unstable, maybe just go up the sides and the top

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2729
yeah what i was thinking, was a 12 inch sub. and having the baffle be a 14 inch square. and the port width be1 inch. so w/e 1 inch around a 14 inch square is... i think it would be 60 sq inches of port.? idk im tired. and then as you increase port length your forced to increase net volume too. so maybe if i lengthened it to about 36 inch port and 36 inches of volume by a 12.5 sq i'll get 3.25 cuft. that will get me a tune of about 35.5 hz. that would be great if i could get a 12 inch test sub, build a sealed box, and a ported box( same area but L port). and see how they compare. will take a tone of time but it could be fun lol. i was thining about bracing with 2x4s, lots of them. lol. and glue of course. lots of glue. the hardest thing i think would be making all the cuts PERFECT. to have a 1 inch port all the way around and be 1 inch all the way down the port will be extremely difficult. wow, i just realized something. this will only work for upright firing applications. there is no way any bracing could hold up the center baffle section when its 36 nches long. and 36 inches tall is too tall for a stand up poition. back to thinking... okay, i'll do just SPL. like a 20inch length and a much higher tuning. wow that would be above 50hz tuning. id need a different car to test in because suposedly escadlade have a lower res freq. then most cars...

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 198
Can you explain to me how to find the res. frequency of a vehicle, and how does it affect the sound?

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 199
Oh, and not to jack your idead, but i may try and builda box like that, it would be fun. LoL. Are you going to try it?

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2733
actually ive got another idea... if i cut dowel rods like 1.25 inch dowel rods to hold at the top and angle down to grab the bottom part of the suspending baffle part... i could fiberglass them on, with fiberglass there is no bending like screws, the way is solidifies is pretty much the way its going tto stay. plau add a ton more bracing... but that MAY work for like a 20-25 inch port, never for the 36 inch.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2734
go ahead and try i'd love you to lol. i may try it during summer so i dont have school to deal with. i have a ton on my agenda though. i want to make a tang bang abc box. i want to make my box for my mags i have multiple installs lined up to make money. and i also have a lot of partying to do :-)

Silver Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 200
Trevor do you have AIM or MSN?

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2754
aim- bucssbchamps007
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums