Orion H2's or Diamond D6's

Bronze Member
Username: Deadman

Kirksville, MO USA

Post Number: 39
I am looking into puchasing two new 15" subs. I am looking into 2 dual 4 ohms subs run parallel into a very large sealed box. I have a Hifonics amp (this amp really has been pushing my current subs great!) that is rated at 1600 watts at 1 ohm. My question is which subs would be better. I'm looking for a more linear response than my current set up. I have 2 12" L7's and they are loud but I can't get the bass to play at a high output at various frequencies. I am looking for something loud but at all frequecies and a little cleaner than my current set up. I have about a 500 dollar umbrella to work with.

Any help in this subject would be greatly appricated.

thanx homies

Bronze Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 90
well i don't know about the d'6 or anyting but your thread says h2's or d6's, and i know that hifonics amp might get hte h2 moving, i know it wouldn't move 2 h2's, because i htikn the h2 in like 2000 rms as a single subwoofer, if you got two of them amps, then you might be talking, but as for only one amp, 1 h2 woudl do the job

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 2100
alot of people on here say d6's aint great but ive heard 2 12's before and they are pretty good sql subs ... espeicially for $155 each at www.sonicelectronix.com

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 2701
H2 will get loudest between them, and louder than the L7 if powered correctly...

Bronze Member
Username: Deadman

Kirksville, MO USA

Post Number: 40
I am not looking for a more powerful amp. I'm going to go with the one I have. It sounds like I won't get the H2 moving enough to go with it.

Any other subs that will have good sound quality and get louder than the 2 12's I had going?

I'm thinking the sealed box will be best for what I'm looking for, but I still like it loud.

How are the mtx subs? I hear the 8500 series are fairly good. Any merit to that?

I checked into some Brahma's as well as XXX as well as diamonds new D9's. All sound like I might be underpowering them, and all are too expensive for 2 15's as well.

Any other sugestions? Let me know.

Let me know homies

Silver Member
Username: Jeffless600

Post Number: 116
I have 1 12" H2 getting about 1300 watts and it pounds. get the orion H2 15" give them 1-2000 watts each and youll be set. amazing spl and great sq fr the money... $225 shipped on ebay??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us